Home
EA Sports UFC News Post


Submission Radio has just revealed the complete roster for EA Sports UFC. More fighters will come in future DLC updates.

The guys have also posted a video interview with Jazz Brousseau, Assistant Producer for EA Sports UFC. The video, which features some more gameplay, was captured from the recent EA UFC media day held in Sydney Australia.

Women's Bantamweight
  • Ronda Rousey
  • Sarah McMann
  • Sarah Kaufman
  • Alexis Davis
  • Liz Carmouche
  • Cat Zingano
  • Miesha Tate
Flyweight
  • Demetrious Johnson
  • Louise Gaudinot
  • John Dodson
  • Joseph Benevidez
  • Darren Uyenoyama
  • Ian McCall
  • Tim Elliot
  • Scott Jorgenson
Bantamweight
  • Renan Barao
  • Eddie Wineland
  • Brad Pickett
  • Eric Perez
  • Michael Macdonald
  • Bruce Lee
  • Demetrious Johnson
  • Urijah Faber
  • Mike Easton
  • Dominick Cruz
  • Brian Bowles
Featherweight
  • Jose Aldo
  • Cub Swanson
  • Dennis Siver
  • Dustin Porier
  • BJ Penn
  • Chad Mendes
  • Conor McGregor
  • Bruce Lee
  • Ricardo Lamas
  • Korean Zombie
  • Clay Guida
  • Urijah Faber
  • Frankie Edgar
Lightweight
  • Anthony Pettis
  • Benson Henderson
  • TJ Grant
  • Joe Lauzon
  • Josh Thompson
  • Korean Zombie
  • Bruce Lee
  • Gray Maynard
  • Conor McGregor
  • Gilbert Melendez
  • Jim Miller
  • Khabib Nurmegomedov
  • Ross Pearson
  • BJ Penn
  • Jose Aldo
  • Donald Cerrone
  • Nate Diaz
Welterweight
  • Johny Hendricks
  • Jake Ellenberger
  • Nick Diaz
  • Nate Diaz
  • Carlos Condit
  • Georges St. Pierre
  • Tarec Saffadine
  • BJ Penn
  • Demien Maia
  • Rory Macdonald
  • Bruce Lee
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Pascal Kraus
  • Josh Koscheck
  • Martin Kampmann
Middleweight
  • Chris Weidman
  • Ronaldo Jacare Souza
  • Chael Sonnen
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Luke Rockhold
  • Costas Phillipou
  • Mark Munoz
  • Demien Maia
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Cung Le
  • Robbie Lawler
  • Dan Henderson
  • Royce Gracie
  • Rich Franklin
  • Francis Carmont
  • Michael Bisping
  • Vitor Belfort
Light Heavyweight
  • Jon Jones
  • Dan Henderson
  • Alexander Gustafsson
  • Forrest Griffin
  • Rich Franklin
  • Rashad Evans
  • Phil Davis
  • Daniel Cormier
  • Michael Bisping
  • Vitor Belfort
  • Ryan Bader
  • Glover Teixeira
  • Chael Sonnen
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • Anderson Silva
  • Shogun Rua
  • Antonio "Rogerio" Nogueira
  • Gegard Mousasi
  • Lyoto Machida
  • Chuck Liddell
Heavyweight
  • Cain Velasquez
  • Bigfoot Silva
  • Alistair Overeem
  • Antonio Nogueira
  • Roy Nelson
  • Frank Mir
  • Mark Hunt
  • Junior Dos Santos
  • Daniel Cormier
  • Travis Browne
  • Pat Barry
  • Fabricio Werdum
Arenas
  • MGM Grand
  • Staples Center
  • Honda Center
  • Prudential Center
  • Toyota Center
  • Madison Square Garden
  • Air Canada
  • Bell Center
  • Rio Arena
  • Chicago Arena

Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 1 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 09:49 AM
Alot of strange choices:

- No Woodley, Barnett, Matt Brown, TJ Grant or Moraga.
- Barry over Miocic/Barnett
- Bowles over Dillashaw and Assuncao (2 and 4 in the division) or Mizugaki
- Pascal Krauss over Woodley/Brown/Kim/Nelson
- Aldo at LW (where he never fought) but no GSP at MW.
 
# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/20/14 10:30 AM
There are definitely some glaring omissions, but hopefully we get a good amount of DLC.
 
# 3 ERA @ 05/20/14 10:59 AM
I'm not liking Korean Zombie at LW, but other then that, this list is alright. I'm hoping for some DLC with Woodley and Barnett. I guess you could say I'm impressed.

EDIT: Korean Zombie at FW!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free
 
# 4 jeremym480 @ 05/20/14 11:28 AM
Biggest snubs for me are:

Barnett
Miocic
Woodley
Lombard
Matt Brown
Diego Sanchez
Grant
Dos Anjos
TJ Dillashaw
and
John Dodson


And to a lesser extent guys like
Struve
Mitrone
Tim Kennedy
Tim Boetsch
Erick Silva
Marquardt
Alves (which I can understand since he wasn't active until recently)
Myles Jury
Evan Dunham
Gomi
and
Max Holloway


There's still about 20-25 other guys that I'd love to see as well. The Edson Barboza, Micheal Johnson, Stephen Thompson, Bobby Green, etc of the world. Overall, I think it's a good list that can certainly be improved upon with DLC, however I'm hoping that the CAF system is up to par, so that I can get the experience that I want (that I need ) from this game.
 
# 5 sportsfan8812 @ 05/20/14 11:43 AM
Dodson and TJ Grant are both in. Check this video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1jCOQpOHY
 
# 6 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Dodson and TJ Grant are both in. Check this video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1jCOQpOHY
Good to see Grant is in.
 
# 7 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/20/14 12:05 PM
Biggest snub was Diego Sanchez.
 
# 8 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Biggest snubs for me are:

Barnett
Miocic
Woodley
Lombard
Matt Brown
Diego Sanchez
Grant
Dos Anjos
TJ Dillashaw
and
John Dodson


And to a lesser extent guys like
Struve
Mitrone
Tim Kennedy
Tim Boetsch
Erick Silva
Marquardt
Alves (which I can understand since he wasn't active until recently)
Myles Jury
Evan Dunham
Gomi
and
Max Holloway


There's still about 20-25 other guys that I'd love to see as well. The Edson Barboza, Micheal Johnson, Stephen Thompson, Bobby Green, etc of the world. Overall, I think it's a good list that can certainly be improved upon with DLC, however I'm hoping that the CAF system is up to par, so that I can get the experience that I want (that I need ) from this game.
I need at least 50 CAF slots. That plus the 10-15 DLC fighters will make it esy for me to get all of the fighers I need.
 
# 9 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Biggest snub was Diego Sanchez.
Good catch. Forgot about Diego.
 
# 10 sportsfan8812 @ 05/20/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Biggest snub was Diego Sanchez.
I think Sanchez is in the game as well. This is a quote directly from the Submission Radio guys (They made this roster reveal video).

"SO......we used a voice recorder to go over and note everybody who was in the game...HOWEVER when I went over the recordings later on, I realised that we seemed to have skipped over the LW division. don't ask why, we just went full *. With the LW division i had to go off memory and in the recordings I only mentioned certain people who I was really surprised about such as KZ and Jose Aldo being in LW. This post reminded me that TJ GRANT IS IN THE GAME! I'm pretty sure Diego is too, but don't quote me on that. The other divisions are what they are. No Tyron Woodley, no hector, no Matt brown, no DHK etc.. The build that we played was 2 and a half weeks old, but 2 be honest I sincerely doubt that they added any characters in those last 2 weeks. "
 
# 11 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 02:03 PM
Happy about the number of arenas in the game but wish they wouldve replaced Honda Center with a European arena like 02 in London or a big stadium like Rogers Center. No need for two LA based arenas.
 
# 12 CM Hooe @ 05/20/14 02:06 PM
Not a UFC fan so I can't speak to any omissions, but for a fighting game this roster is huge. Biggest I've seen since Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
 
# 13 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/20/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not a UFC fan so I can't speak to any omissions, but for a fighting game this roster is huge. Biggest I've seen since Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
UFC undisputed 3's roster was bigger actually. But that can be forgiven if the game PLAYS well, and the video released today did not look that bad at all. trying to over extend combos led to fighters tiring temporarily, I hope doing that too often will drain permanent stamina as well.
 
# 14 jeremym480 @ 05/20/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not a UFC fan so I can't speak to any omissions, but for a fighting game this roster is huge. Biggest I've seen since Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
UFC 3 had about 130 UFC fighters that number includes the 15 they added as DLC. Also it didn't have the Flyweight and Women's division either, therefore each weightclass in UFC 3 had a lot more depth.

Those numbers also do not include the PRIDE roster which featured around another 24-25 fighters (not including the duplicates from the UFC roster). By my unofficial count UFC 3 had around 155 fighters whereas (also by my unofficial count) EA UFC has around 97-98 (not including DLC additions, of course).

Since there is no PRIDE mode and we're strictly talking about the UFC, then that's about 30-33 less fighters in 2 more divisions. While it is somewhat disappointing, I can't be too upset since it's their first iteration.

I'm just hoping that a) the CAF is decent and b) that they churn out plenty of new fighters via DLC. I know some people don't care about the lower level fighters because they mainly play online and use the best guys or their CAF's. However, with the way I play the bigger the roster the better. I don't care if their adding some of the lowest of the low guys with DLC. I'll be in full on "Shut Up and Take My Money" mode just so I can round out my roster.
 
# 15 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
UFC 3 had about 130 UFC fighters that number includes the 15 they added as DLC. Also it didn't have the Flyweight and Women's division either, therefore each weightclass in UFC 3 had a lot more depth.

Those numbers also do not include the PRIDE roster which featured around another 24-25 fighters (not including the duplicates from the UFC roster). By my unofficial count UFC 3 had around 155 fighters whereas (also by my unofficial count) EA UFC has around 97-98 (not including DLC additions, of course).

Since there is no PRIDE mode and we're strictly talking about the UFC, then that's about 30-33 less fighters in 2 more divisions. While it is somewhat disappointing, I can't be too upset since it's their first iteration.

I'm just hoping that a) the CAF is decent and b) that they churn out plenty of new fighters via DLC. I know some people don't care about the lower level fighters because they mainly play online and use the best guys or their CAF's. However, with the way I play the bigger the roster the better. I don't care if their adding some of the lowest of the low guys with DLC. I'll be in full on "Shut Up and Take My Money" mode just so I can round out my roster.
I think it will be as long as there are enough slots. I have both EA MMA and UFC3 and I preferred EA MMA solely because of gameface. Some fighters were impossible to recreate because of the limitation of THQ's CAF system. I will miss the logo share that you could use to make tattoos though. I have a really accurate Fabricio Werdum with all of his tattoos in UFC 3.

I'd expect anywhere from 5-10 DLC fighters. More if people buy a ton.
 
# 16 CaliDude916 @ 05/20/14 03:24 PM
No Sanchez or Woodley is disappointing. Hoping they'll be in DLC. Otherwise, this roster is stacked!


Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
 
# 17 fballturkey @ 05/20/14 03:26 PM
When you think of it as a fighting game it is a huge roster (although you can't fight guys in different weight classes unfortunately) but when you think of it as a sports game it is minorly disappointing. It seems that ever fighter in the game got the 100% treatment (no CAF guys) which is great though.

I really hope the game does well enough to warrant some DLC, especially if they go every other year.
 
# 18 LingeringRegime @ 05/20/14 03:27 PM
Nice arena choices.
 
# 19 LingeringRegime @ 05/20/14 04:18 PM
How many CAF slots? Or has that been revealed yet?
 
# 20 aholbert32 @ 05/20/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
How many CAF slots? Or has that been revealed yet?
Nope and thats what I'm worried about. FNC had 40 initially until people complained and they increased it to 70+. I would love 70 but 40 is a must. 40 plus 5-10 DLC should be the bare minimum.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.