02:42 PM - May 15, 2014 by MMChrisS
Steve Kerr was a solid NBA player with a nice touch from beyond the arc.
The distance from California to New York, however, was a little beyond his range -- as the former teammate of Michael Jordan and current TNT analyst has turned down his former coach (Phil Jackson) and will accept the head coaching position for Golden State.
According to ESPN.com: Quote:
|"They have a good young team. The location is ideal," Kerr said in a phone interview with NBA.com on Wednesday night. "My daughter goes to Cal and plays volleyball. My oldest son is in college in San Diego and our youngest is a junior in high school. It's just a short flight for them."|
Sound Off: Did Steve Kerr make a mistake by turning down an opportunity to coach the New York Knicks?
Sports Headlines for May 15, 2014
- Kevin Durant sits on the court facing away as Westbrook attempts crucial free throws. [Image]
- Kayaker Saved Just Before Swimming Over 60 Foot Waterfall. [YouTube]
- Opposing Team Terrified After Seeing Home Fans All Wearing Same Color T-Shirt. [The Onion]
- Manute Bol and Muggsy Bogues of the '87 Washington Bullets. [Image]
- How to take an Indirect Freekick - And they score! [YouTube]