08:21 AM - May 15, 2014 by Steve_OS
Codemasters have posted a new GRID Autosport blog this morning, featuring online racing and vehicle progression. It also goes over details on RaceNet Challenge, Online Custom Cup, Party Mode, Demolition Derby, Checkpoint, Eliminator and Online Playlist.
The following items can be configured in an Online Custom Cup:
- Discipline pick your favourite style of racing.
- Vehicle Class the type of vehicles you want to drive.
- Race Type the available Race Types will depend on what Discipline and Vehicles youve picked.
- Number of Events create a mini-championship up to five Events long.
- AI choose whether or not to add AI opponents to the session, which will fill any available slots on the grid. The difficulty of the AI can be changed as well.
- Tracks choose the track, route, lighting conditions and race length for each Event.
- Upgrades, Tuning and Assists can be disabled individually to level the playing field.
- Manual Only turn this on if you want everyone to use manual transmission.
- Cockpit Cam Only can be enabled for an ultra-hardcore experience.
- Pre- and Post-race timers can be made longer or shorter to suit your preferences.
- Collisions can be turned off if you dont want vehicles to collide with each other.
- Grid Order provides a range of options for how you want the grid to be ordered at the start of each race.
- Damage can be set to Full or Visual Only. In Visual Only, your car will still crumple in a crash, but it wont develop any mechanical defects.
- Flashbacks the number of Online Flashbacks that are allowed per race can be set here.