02:21 PM - May 14, 2014 by MMChrisS
The franchise mode in MLB 14 The Show is one of the deepest and most realistic career/franchise modes in all of sports games (outside of the text-sim world). With improved menus this year, it's easier than ever to find what you want, when you want it.
I posted a brief surface level walkthrough of the menus in Franchise mode and where to find everything. Also, here are some observations from the mode:
- It's deep, realistic, well done overall. Seriously, there's no other mode of this type which approaches The Show's level of detail and attention to the actual roster rules.
- Trade logic still needs help, why should the Royals be looking to trade James Shields in May, ever?
- The sim options are pretty ok, but SportsCast Manager could use a few things to help it along still.
- The ability to set lineups/starting pitchers for simulated games would be awesome. Without entering any menus, you can sim games in a mere second -- I'd love it if on the games I chose not to play, I could at least set my lineups.
- The financial model is solid, but could still have layers of depth added to it.
- Each organization/manager tends to not separate themselves from the rest. I'd love it if this was an area paid attention to in the future.
- Stats are realistically done it appears, I've had few issues with the generated stats with 10 simulated seasons.