11:05 AM - May 8, 2014 by MMChrisS
Community Challenges in MLB 14 The Show are one of the coolest new features that few people are talking about, most likely because there haven't been many people give them a try.
OS'ers have begun to form an official community challenges thread, which will likely become a very active game within the game in the coming weeks. There's a lot to like about the community challenges feature, here are some of my impressions of playing through the mode:
- Creating challenges is easy, and the flexibility allows for you to really do some cool things.
- Having to prove you can beat the challenge before issuing it can become tedious, especially if you want to design a challenge that's probably above your skill level but attainable. I do get the reasoning behind this decision though.
- Playing challenges is the fun part, as there have already been some great ones pop up. One of my favorites was a sort of duel between Mike Trout and Yasiel Puig to prove who was better -- being that the creator was an Angels fan the end result was Trout was better for the record.
- The risk/reward dynamic within the mode, of risking certain amounts of Stubs in order to try to complete a challenge for a big reward is actually fun tactically.
- If you are into Diamond Dynasty, or any mode that needs Stubs -- then Community Challenges are a quick and unique way to collect them.