Home
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 News Post


As revealed a couple of weeks ago, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 is available now for PS3 gamers, free of charge for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Head on over to the PlayStation Store or queue it up here.

This is a bold move by Konami, who has seen their soccer title fall well behind FIFA in popularity and sales, despite what is a very solid on-the-pitch product. This is a shrewd marketing move which Konami is likely betting on to spur on a surge of popularity for their title heading into their next-gen debut later this year.

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PES3Paul @ 05/06/14 08:58 PM
I'm sick and goddamned tired of PS3 users always getting the breaks. What about PS4 users? This is so totally not fair.
 
# 2 asu666 @ 05/06/14 09:49 PM
I'm downloading it so I can see if PES 15 on PS4 is something I'm interested in playing. I've got FIFA 14 PS4 tuned so well, I'm not sure. PES use to be an automatic preorder for me.
 
# 3 PES3Paul @ 05/06/14 10:37 PM
I understand...but it just seems like these companies are too busy catering to their PS3 console base (witness Road to World Cup 2014 for last-gen only) at the expense of those who bought a PS4/XB1. Why even bother creating a next-gen console if you're never gonna release games in a reasonable fashion for it, or with crappy load times vs. PS3 versions? I feel it's an increasing issue and somebody's got to address it.
 
# 4 badmrfrosty7 @ 05/07/14 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
I understand...but it just seems like these companies are too busy catering to their PS3 console base (witness Road to World Cup 2014 for last-gen only) at the expense of those who bought a PS4/XB1. Why even bother creating a next-gen console if you're never gonna release games in a reasonable fashion for it, or with crappy load times vs. PS3 versions? I feel it's an increasing issue and somebody's got to address it.
You can't blame the game companies. It's just good business. There's not nearly as many next-gen consoles in people's homes worldwide. Not even close. Why pour money into a next-gen World Cup game, when you're going to make a killing with the current gen version anyway. Again...Worldwide. Save it for FIFA 15.

Early adopters will always get the stick as far as games go. The amount of time required to develop for a new system, let alone build a new engine and do it in the 1 year sports-game development cycle is just too much to bear, so you either make a lot of concessions to wow people with your next-gen game, or you touch it up as best you can and devote majority of resources to the following dev cycle.

I think NBA 2k14 still set the next-gen sports game bar. But it cost them at the same time since the rushed development and putting their eggs in those baskets frustrated fans about, what felt to most, as a current-gen rehash of last years, and the next-gen owners got their joy smited by oversight on nickel and diming consumers with VC and forcing server-based saves among other issues.

The lesson, I guess? Patience. Always patience.
 
# 5 SVCbearcat10 @ 05/07/14 09:12 AM
Not sure how this is an insult to PS4 owners. I don't think it's a good strategy to dump your existing loyal consumer base. The PS4 hasn't even been out for a year yet, there simply isn't the volume of games out yet to be offering them for free. They will come with time.
 
# 6 maltliquor23 @ 05/07/14 09:22 AM
Much more enjoyable since the most recent patches and option files loaded.
 
# 7 jenglund @ 05/07/14 12:10 PM
This is an awesome step. I've been wanting to try the game recently and this is the best way to do that. Nice job, Konami. I'll probably grab the world tourney DLC as well.
 
# 8 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 05/07/14 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
Bwhahaha this game sucks! Game can't fade FIFA........ever!
does it suck? i havent played a soccer game since world cup on 360 like 5 years ago. worth downloading?
 
# 9 Ermolli @ 05/07/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH
does it suck? i havent played a soccer game since world cup on 360 like 5 years ago. worth downloading?
No, PES 2014 doesn't suck. It's the first year of a new engine and it felt rushed because there're issues to iron out which some of those have been addressed through patches. Haven't played the game with it latest patches but it's a solid game gameplaywise but barebones on its game modes (principally on their franchise mode); still, it's worth downloading and giving it a try specially if you haven't played a footy game for so long.
 
# 10 maltliquor23 @ 05/07/14 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH
does it suck? i havent played a soccer game since world cup on 360 like 5 years ago. worth downloading?
Doesn't suck. You have to work to control the ball it does work independent of the body find a good option file and plug it in. I go through PES gaming. The biggest issues with not being able to score outside the penalty area was fixed. I play mostly singular seasons. But the champions leagues are fun I don't necessarily agree with Emroll is right about the career mode on the manager side. but do agree to give it a shot especially at no cost other than plus.
 
# 11 Ermolli @ 05/07/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
Doesn't suck. You have to work to control the ball it does work independent of the body find a good option file and plug it in. I go through PES gaming. The biggest issues with not being able to score outside the penalty area was fixed. I play mostly singular seasons. But the champions leagues are fun I don't necessarily agree with Emroll is right about the career mode on the manager side. but do agree to give it a shot especially at no cost other than plus.
You've totally butchered my name
What are you disagreeing about what I've said? Not trying to get into an argument, just curious.
 
# 12 strawberryshortcake @ 05/09/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeemdaprince
Bwhahaha this game sucks! Game can't fade FIFA........ever!
FIFA is fading itself.

Let's put it this way. PES2014 has been and remained in my PS3 ever since I bought it on release week. I tried both demos out, and FIFA failed to replicate what I see on broadcast tv. The pace, flow, player movement, animation in PES realistically portrays the sport better. The only issue I have with PES2014 are the goalies. Sometimes, they would be and should be in position to stop a goal, but they don't. FIFA14 speed is pretty arcadish, everything is ridiculously in hyperspeed.
 
# 13 Gleebo @ 07/03/14 11:45 PM
New to PES and video game futbol....

What files/sliders/need to know items should I be looking for for my PES14 ????
 
# 14 LingeringRegime @ 07/04/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
New to PES and video game futbol....

What files/sliders/need to know items should I be looking for for my PES14 ????
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=94256

Check the option file thread here too. Instructions on how to install them are in the first post.
 
# 15 acts238shaun @ 07/11/14 11:39 PM
Just became interested in soccer, this game rocks! It plays like I see on TV.
 
# 16 Diamond2Pitch @ 07/25/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
FIFA is fading itself.



Let's put it this way. PES2014 has been and remained in my PS3 ever since I bought it on release week. I tried both demos out, and FIFA failed to replicate what I see on broadcast tv. The pace, flow, player movement, animation in PES realistically portrays the sport better. The only issue I have with PES2014 are the goalies. Sometimes, they would be and should be in position to stop a goal, but they don't. FIFA14 speed is pretty arcadish, everything is ridiculously in hyperspeed.

Agreed, PES has better player animations. FIFA is fun, but the players look gangly and move like theyre on ice. Passing seems to be a little more responsive too.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.