05:27 PM - May 6, 2014 by MMChrisS
Somewhere beneath the Johnny Manziel hype and general manager word games hides one of the deepest NFL draft classes in recent memory.
The NFL draft is only two days away -- and yeah, it seems like it should have already happened, but Roger Gooddell couldn't let the NBA have the month of May all to itself.
The NFL is a league of short careers, uncertain contracts, and instant expectations. Considering the supposed depth of this year's class, first and second-round talent may be enough to vault a lower-tier team into playoff contention.
Among the worst: the Texans, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Redskins, Raiders, Browns, Falcons, and Vikings -- to name a few. Some of which were one year removed from the playoffs. But will any of them be able to pull the double-switcheroo in 2014 -- going back to the playoffs after a losing record?
Sound Off: Which NFL team with a losing record in 2013 is one key draft pick from a playoff appearance in '14?
Sports Headlines for May 6, 2014
- It was all but a formality -- now it's official: Kevin Durant is the MVP.
- Floyd Mayweather made $2,666,667 per round on Saturday night.
- Just another kid hitting a homer while being intentionally walked. [YouTube]
- NHL: Gionta and Chara height comparison. [Image]
- Video trickeration or ridiculous speed? A Houston area teen catches his own pass. [Video]