04:06 PM - April 29, 2014 by MMChrisS
With news of Donald Sterling going 'Confederate Union' on the basketball world and Major League Baseball starting to slide out of the honeymoon phase and into the grind of the regular season -- how about a little focus on football?
The NFL draft is approaching fast, but other offseason moves may be the ones we talk about when the 2014 season rolls around. More specifically, additions in places like New York.
The NY Jets added Eagles departure Michael Vick at quarterback to "mentor" 2013 draftee Geno Smith. But according to some (see: Lesean McCoy) the starting job will likely be Vick's considering how much better he feels the embattled veteran is when compared to Smith.
Sound Off: Who will take the most snaps at QB for the NY Jets in 2014?
Sports Headlines for April 29, 2014
- What we learned about each Big-Ten program as Spring practice ends.
- The greatest punch in boxing history? [Animated Gif]
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Donald Sterling Edition (Now With Extra Racism!).
- Mark Cuban's 'Slippery Slope' Comment Is Why No One Thinks The NBA Will Force Donald Sterling To Sell The Clippers.
- Robinson Cano Surprises Yankees Fans While They're Booing Him. [YouTube]