Home
GRID Autosport News Post



After teasing it last week, Codemasters has revealed GRID Autosport this morning, shipping on June 24th for PC, 360 and PS3. Check out the trailer and screenshots.

Quote:
GRID: Autosport aims to move the series back in line as a more authentic racing game. Set to include a more authentic handling model (more Sim than Race Driver: GRID), five distinct disciplines; Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Tuner and Street. Race at 22 locations (primarily circuit based) with a combined route list that totals over 100.

Make sure to read the GRID Autosport blog, which includes details about handling, racing discipline, locations, career, experience, multiplayer, cockpit cameras and much more.

GRID Autosport screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID Autosport screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID Autosport screenshot gallery - Click to view GRID Autosport screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: GRID AutosportReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
GRID Autosport Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mercalnd @ 04/22/14 11:33 AM
Sounds a lot like what the Toca series used to be before they turned it into Grid. I'm in.
 
# 2 mestevo @ 04/22/14 11:33 AM
Interested, but was hoping for next gen consoles. Will pick it up when it gets to ~$20 on PC.

Next gen news: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gr..._explains.html

Quote:
"The first is that we genuinely want our first next gen outing to be something really great, we don't want to have to rush and only put out a handful of tracks," he said. "We've got 22 locations in Autosport, the bulk of those are real world circuits, would all those have made it if we were to support next gen? Doubtful.

"Secondly, we're working our tech for next-gen now, as such, we're not quite ready. Again, we don't want to rush. Thirdly, after GRID 2 we sort of had something to prove, we wanted to leave the 'old gen' with a bit of a bang so to speak."

Walke also revealed that "Next-gen GRID will come in time, we're not going to rush that and get a game that can only run at 720/30 or something similar, next gen has to look and feel like 'next gen' for us."
 
# 3 inkcil @ 04/22/14 01:00 PM
This is really good news.
 
# 4 fearwhatnow @ 04/23/14 07:42 AM
This is how Codemasters implements cockpit cam in GRID Autosport:



And this is a cockpit cam from Project CARS:



 
# 5 mestevo @ 04/23/14 01:50 PM
I like the one where I can see the road

I wonder what the grid cockpit would look like if it wasn't a multi platform last gen title.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
# 6 fearwhatnow @ 04/23/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I like the one where I can see the road

I wonder what the grid cockpit would look like if it wasn't a multi platform last gen title.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Well it's adjustable in PCars. I've used the first screenshot I found. Still the GRID Autosport one is blurry and low-textured. They could at least use better textures for the PC version. Idk at what stage the game is now but the cockpit screenshot is just atrocious to look.
 
# 7 TracerBullet @ 04/23/14 02:23 PM
Comparing a next-gen game to a current-gen. Looks like you've made a great point, man.
 
# 8 NINJAK2 @ 04/23/14 05:09 PM
Game dev interview from gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...oper-interview

Based on their research prior to GRID 2's release they stated that only 5% of their fanbase used cockpit which is why they cut it out. Interesting to see it make a return now..lol (never should have been cut out). TracerB has a point with the screen comparison though. GRID 1 had a great cockpit view and ever since PGR3 dropped it's a priority that any racer I buy have a good cockpit view...Welcome back.
 
# 9 fearwhatnow @ 04/24/14 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Game dev interview from gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/g...oper-interview

Based on their research prior to GRID 2's release they stated that only 5% of their fanbase used cockpit which is why they cut it out. Interesting to see it make a return now..lol (never should have been cut out). TracerB has a point with the screen comparison though. GRID 1 had a great cockpit view and ever since PGR3 dropped it's a priority that any racer I buy have a good cockpit view...Welcome back.
How does he have a point? The game is coming to next-gen: It's coming on PC's. The first GRID had also a cockpit cam and superb graphics.Wasn't it on PS3/X360?
In addition, dozens of games have been released with HD textures on PC. After all if the game gets a release on next-gen consoles in the future the porting will be easier as the architecture is similar now with PC.
 
# 10 mestevo @ 04/24/14 08:42 AM
It isn't coming to next gen consoles and I already posted why in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
# 11 NINJAK2 @ 04/24/14 02:39 PM
another video from eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstXWxv9gl8
 
# 12 OnlookerDelay @ 04/25/14 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
another video from eurogamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstXWxv9gl8
Awesome video! At long last, it appears the current-gen successor to TOCA 3 is upon us
 
# 13 OnlookerDelay @ 06/24/14 05:56 PM
Bought this early this morning off XBox Live... it is everything I wanted and more. The racing is intense, challenging, and the handling is realistic enough to make give it life! I'm not obsessing over the blurry cockpits like a lot of folks are because honestly, once the car starts rolling, I don't pay attention to the lack of detail and sharpness in the cockpit. There's enough there to give me a sense of my vehicle, and where my space is relative to those around me.

This game truly does finally feel like the next-gen (although it's now current-gen) incarnation of TOCA 3, minus some of the cutie-pie vehicles... no riding lawn mower races here. But dayum.... this game is an absolute blast to race and drive with my Fanatec GT2. Oh, and the online racing is solid also. I'm shickled titless with this game
 
# 14 JMD @ 06/24/14 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Bought this early this morning off XBox Live... it is everything I wanted and more. The racing is intense, challenging, and the handling is realistic enough to make give it life! I'm not obsessing over the blurry cockpits like a lot of folks are because honestly, once the car starts rolling, I don't pay attention to the lack of detail and sharpness in the cockpit. There's enough there to give me a sense of my vehicle, and where my space is relative to those around me.

This game truly does finally feel like the next-gen (although it's now current-gen) incarnation of TOCA 3, minus some of the cutie-pie vehicles... no riding lawn mower races here. But dayum.... this game is an absolute blast to race and drive with my Fanatec GT2. Oh, and the online racing is solid also. I'm shickled titless with this game
I was hoping this game would be reminiscent of the toca series. Those games were excellent. I may have to grab this even though Im fully involved in Moto GP 14 right now.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.