11:30 AM - April 21, 2014 by MMChrisS
The New York Knicks organization didn't hire Phil Jackson to be an iconic name slapped on a struggling franchise -- they brought him in for his insight towards building a championship contender.
If the first big move by Jackson says anything, Mike Woodson isn't the man to lead the Knicks as head coach anymore.
On the surface it may appear that the new Knicks president is pointing the blame squarely on Woodson and his staff, but chances are this is only the beginning. Once Jackson has the coach he wants -- and there's no reason to think he can't hand-pick someone for the coveted job -- players may start to see their jersey color and city of residence change.
Sound Off: What changes need to take place for the New York Knicks to be a winning basketball team?
Sports Headlines for April 21, 2014
- David Moyes to be sacked as Manchester United manager.
- The 30th highest paid professional athlete in sports hasn't played in two years.
- Gomez ejected after bench-clearing brawl in Pirates-Brewers game.
- Blake Griffin dumps water on a Golden State fan after fouling out. [Animated Gif]
- Ever get the feeling you're being watched? [Image]