11:55 AM - April 17, 2014 by MMChrisS
In some situations there are just no winners, especially when real life squeezes into sports.
Months after the conviction of Jerry Sandusky and harsh criticism for the late Joe Paterno, Minnesota State, Mankato head football coach Todd Hoffner was arrested for what turned out to be an overreaction to videos of his children engaged in horse-play. The coach was fired but has since been reinstated and the school has apologized for wrongfully dismissing Hoffner. All is well, right? Not so fast.
In Hoffner's absence, players Mankato grew fond of interim coach Aaron Keen and are now refusing to practice for their once-former now-current coach in Todd Hoffner.
There's plenty of criticism flying around towards the university administration, the coaches, and now the players as well -- each fighting a no-win situation.
Sound Off: Should Minnesota State, Mankato football players fight to keep their interim coach or accept the return of former coach Todd Hoffner?
Sports Headlines for April 17, 2014
- Former Titans running back Chris Johnson has inked a deal to join the New York Jets through 2015.
- Love him or hate him, there's no denying that King James is the most popular name in NBA jersey sales once again.
- OKC's Kevin Durant went crazy with forty-two points to lock up the No. 2 seed out West for the Thunder.
- Ouch! Check out the effects of a 96-MPH heater to the ribs. [Image]
- Check out this infograph displaying the similarities and differences between American football, Rugby, and Australian football.