Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post



Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video showing off the new fielding ball marker.

Here are some screenshot captures from the video.

MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 14 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blzer @ 04/14/14 08:52 AM
PETCO Park looks just right.
 
# 2 ApolloKids @ 04/14/14 09:06 AM
Beautiful.
 
# 3 eaw913 @ 04/14/14 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Hmmm why did I see the braves in the red alternate jersey, it's not in the ps3 version.
Because that was the PS3 MLB 13 footage to show the old marker.
 
# 4 yurithebest @ 04/14/14 09:15 AM
The only thing that doesn't like me is the grass...it seems too dark in comparison to reality! Another thing that disappointed me are the generic faces for star players like Machado, Gerrit Cole and others...I say this because I saw videos and images released so far for ps4 and I noticed this! Anyway, the game seems to be very enjoyable ... although frankly I would have expected something really amazing this year for ps4 versio of the show!
 
# 5 eaw913 @ 04/14/14 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Lol I'm in class with the sound off lol.
Me too lol. It says it in the bottom right.
 
# 6 Rules @ 04/14/14 09:38 AM
This is how you know they are the best in the business


It's the little things like this that make The Show so great!
 
# 7 tnixen @ 04/14/14 09:52 AM
WoW MLB 14 The Show on PS4 is so pretty!

I just wish I could get some info on if the Rosin Bag will be on the pitchers mound in real time on the PS4 version? I don't want to keep asking about this and I know I will start getting on everybody's nerves so this will be the last time I bring it up until the wish list for 15.. But why is info about the Rosin Bag such a big Secret? If it's not in again I would just like to know why? Is it a memory issue or something like that?

Can any Sony developers comment on this please?

Thanks
 
# 8 Blitzburgh @ 04/14/14 09:54 AM
Looks great! Question.. will we be able to see the ball in flight when it leaves the bat? I never liked just following a shadow to catch a fly ball. I should be following the ball. It also looks much better when batting and you get to see the ball in flight as it leaves the bat.

I notice in 13 the camera will follow the flight of the ball every once in a while but its rare.

Thanks,
Blitz
 
# 9 Knight165 @ 04/14/14 09:58 AM
Unrealistic.
Cutch ROBS that homerun!...he don't come away empty handed

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 10 WB1214 @ 04/14/14 10:04 AM
I really like this version of it, especially on those no doubt home runs
 
# 11 Mikebender13 @ 04/14/14 10:09 AM
This looks awesome. I dont have the PS3 version... is this in that? or is this PS4 specific?
 
# 12 LastActionHero @ 04/14/14 10:10 AM
I love this new feature. Should bring some much needed excitement to chasing balls in the outfield.

That lighting makes the game so much more vibrant and looking like...well a actual sunny afternoon game.
 
# 13 ajblithe20 @ 04/14/14 10:44 AM
I really like this new way to field, makes it a little more interesting. And I loved watching more PS4 gameplay, it looks awesome!
 
# 14 manny2012 @ 04/14/14 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurithebest
The only thing that doesn't like me is the grass...it seems too dark in comparison to reality! Another thing that disappointed me are the generic faces for star players like Machado, Gerrit Cole and others...I say this because I saw videos and images released so far for ps4 and I noticed this! Anyway, the game seems to be very enjoyable ... although frankly I would have expected something really amazing this year for ps4 versio of the show!
I am hoping that you're being sarcastic considering that this is the first year/cycle on the ps4. I honestly can't see the team doing anymore and it turning out as awesome as it has. Great video Russell, I'm as anxious as ever for the 6th of May.
 
# 15 eaw913 @ 04/14/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
I am hoping that you're being sarcastic considering that this is the first year/cycle on the ps4. I honestly can't see the team doing anymore and it turning out as awesome as it has. Great video Russell, I'm as anxious as ever for the 6th of May.
This and the fact that it is impossible to tell the true fidelity of the grass (or any of the graphics for that matter) on a 720p compressed video. It is going to look flat and untextured because it has low resolution. Wait until it is on your TV.

I've learned this after many years. I can honestly say games look AT MINIMUM 25% better (usually 50%) on my TV than on videos. Perhaps my TV is a genie...
 
# 16 SVCbearcat10 @ 04/14/14 10:53 AM
Gone are the days of everyone being an all-star caliber defender taking perfect routes to the balls.
 
# 17 Flaxseed Oil @ 04/14/14 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
WoW MLB 14 The Show on PS4 is so pretty!

I just wish I could get some info on if the Rosin Bag will be on the pitchers mound in real time on the PS4 version? I don't want to keep asking about this and I know I will start getting on everybody's nerves so this will be the last time I bring it up until the wish list for 15.. But why is info about the Rosin Bag such a big Secret? If it's not in again I would just like to know why? Is it a memory issue or something like that?

Can any Sony developers comment on this please?

Thanks
Why is the rosin bag so important? Honestly, do you even notice it during a real baseball game? If you are sitting there thinking about the rosin bag, I don't know what to tell you.
 
# 18 yurithebest @ 04/14/14 11:01 AM
I'm not sarcastic ... I'm a big fan of mlb the show but in the last few years what disappointed me the most was the grass of the diamond ... too dirty than the reality! Obviusly this is my humble opinion...
 
# 19 eaw913 @ 04/14/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Why is the rosin bag so important? Honestly, do you even notice it during a real baseball game? If you are sitting there thinking about the rosin bag, I don't know what to tell you.
It's less about the rosin bag itself and more about the freedom of the animation and players on the field. For a pitcher, in real time (not a cut scene), to be able to bend over and pick up the rosin bag is a technological advancement not seen before. And one that will lead to much more.
 
# 20 tnixen @ 04/14/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Why is the rosin bag so important? Honestly, do you even notice it during a real baseball game? If you are sitting there thinking about the rosin bag, I don't know what to tell you.
It's not important its just one of those little things that I always thought would be nice to see. This is just one mans feelings and as you should know we all like different things what ever they may be.
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.