Home
News Post


When you have a brand to protect and that brand is founded in masculine dominance and ego, it takes a lot to even hint that someone else is more deserving than you when it comes to the top awards in your sport.

But when The King -- and reigning MVP -- was asked who deserves this year's award the most, he may not have shouted it from the rooftops, but even LeBron knows that Kevin Durant has been 'more consistent' throughout this NBA season.

According to ESPN:
Quote:
"I would say he's [Durant] the most consistent basketball player as far as the MVP this year, man," James said. "He's put up some great numbers."

Sound Off: Who is this year's NBA MVP?

Sports Headlines for April 10, 2014

Game: NBAReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Caveman24 @ 04/10/14 05:12 PM
Let the arguing and advanced stats begin .
 
# 2 ojandpizza @ 04/10/14 06:28 PM
I think pretty much everyone has acknowledged Durant deserves the MVP for the past couple months now.

The only way he won't win it is if the majority of the voters decide to vote for "best player in the league" which I could never see happening, that's not how it's supposed to work.

I don't think however that if somehow another player won that we will look back on it saying "so and so stole one of Durant's MVPs" the way we look back and say Barkley and Malone stole 2 from Jordan, or Nash stole one from Kobe, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 3 ojandpizza @ 04/10/14 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
No arguments here, my opinion is of the mvp is that Lebron could win it every year but since people would get bored of that i'll give it to Durant. The MVP order goes as followed, Durant, LeBron, Blake, Noah in my opinion.

I like your order, but I don't really feel it's "boredom" that would keep LeBron from winning it. I think Durant has earned it this year, and I feel like Noah and Blake both earned themselves at least consideration.. If those aren't the top 4 I will be extremely shocked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 4 rkocjay @ 04/10/14 07:48 PM
i would say Durant but i would not be surprised for a Lebron screw job to happen
 
# 5 fluent2332 @ 04/10/14 07:59 PM
No love for Tim Duncan?
 
# 6 lilteapot @ 04/10/14 08:46 PM
Durant no question.
 
# 7 The 24th Letter @ 04/10/14 09:45 PM
I think everyone knows KD is the MVP at this point...I thought the article in the OP brought up some advanced stats or something...where did that come from?
 
# 8 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/10/14 10:39 PM
yeah I agree Durant is the MVP no question, was quite a race though.
 
# 9 lilteapot @ 04/10/14 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
I think it is because ESPN introduced a new advanced stat that said Lebron was ahead or whatever. I'll pay attention to that like i do their QBR stuff.

But Yeah Durant is the MVP no question, was quite a race though.
Indeed it was. Lebron jumped ahead for a bit in February and a little bit of march. If he hadn't gone on that drought after the 61 points I'd be more hesitant to say Durant should be mvp.
 
# 10 BringTheHeat @ 04/10/14 10:50 PM
Well, Durant shoots 3 more shots than LeBron, 2 more FTs than LeBron, and only beats him in rebounding, but sure, I guess he'll probably get it.

I'd give it Noah before him. Only reason Durant will get it is because Westbrook was out., we just saw how good Westbrook is last night.
 
# 11 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/10/14 11:01 PM
Man you really don't like Durant do you? geez.
 
# 12 Hawaii_Stars @ 04/10/14 11:53 PM
Easily it's Durant. No debate needed.
 
# 13 BringTheHeat @ 04/11/14 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Man you really don't like Durant do you? geez.
No I said he was the MVP. By how they judge the MVP anyway. We all know it's not really the most valuable, or Noah would be it.

I'm just making the case for people picking him over LeBron. LeBron is better still in pretty much everything.
 
# 14 BleacherBum2310 @ 04/11/14 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
No I said he was the MVP. By how they judge the MVP anyway. We all know it's not really the most valuable, or Noah would be it.



I'm just making the case for people picking him over LeBron. LeBron is better still in pretty much everything.

Lebron's the best player no argument but KD has had the best year from start to finish. I love Noah and glad he's being mentioned among top 5 MVP candidates but not above KD. MVP to me has always been who has had the best season that year.

also you act like Durant carrying OKC sans Westbrook is a small feat in the West & to have 2 seed is pretty impressive.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
 
# 15 BringTheHeat @ 04/11/14 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherBum2310
Lebron's the best player no argument but KD has had the best year from start to finish. I love Noah and glad he's being mentioned among top 5 MVP candidates but not above KD. MVP to me has always been who has had the best season that year.

also you act like Durant carrying OKC sans Westbrook is a small feat in the West & to have 2 seed is pretty impressive.


Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
No doubt KD has had a great scoring season in Westbrooks absences, but he has had the ball a LOT this year. Like Cleveland LeBron a lot, so of course his number are going to be higher. The Thunder are a talented team all around, it's not just Durant winning them games.

Griffin played great during CP3s injury, probably putting together the best streak of the season. And kept the Clippers at 3 in the West. Pretty amazing for a guy who's been labeled a dunker only for his last few years.
 
# 16 DJ_Solis @ 04/11/14 12:54 AM
Noah would be in the discussion if his team was a top 2 seed. It's been a while since someone won MVP without a top seed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
# 17 TalenT @ 04/11/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
No doubt KD has had a great scoring season in Westbrooks absences, but he has had the ball a LOT this year. Like Cleveland LeBron a lot, so of course his number are going to be higher. The Thunder are a talented team all around, it's not just Durant winning them games.

Griffin played great during CP3s injury, probably putting together the best streak of the season. And kept the Clippers at 3 in the West. Pretty amazing for a guy who's been labeled a dunker only for his last few years.
Lol You don't sound biased at all! You don't think the Heat have a talented team bro? Come on now. Sometimes LeBron sits down and the lead gets bigger. Not taking anything away from The King but Durant has had an awesome year. His impact has been greater than LeBron's this year. To be clear, I'm not saying he's a better player. That's not what the award is about though.
 
# 18 eaterofworlds888 @ 04/11/14 03:09 PM
Could be close either way but I'm going to say Durant.
 
# 19 poloelite @ 04/11/14 03:27 PM
Durant by far!!!!!!! I have no idea what anyone is smoking thinking Lebron is even close this year. Even when he woke up in February, Durant put up better stats than him over that stretch, with Westbrook back. To say KD dominated without Westbrook, you can also say Lebron has had the same opportunity with Wade out. Durant has the harder schedule in the West and is better than Lebron in PER, Points, Rebounds, 3pt%, FT%, Offensive win shares, defensive win shares, overall win shares, offensive rating and defensive rating. I'm debating whether or not KD has arrived and is now the best player in the game. I don't see him regressing from this play anytime soon.
 
# 20 ojandpizza @ 04/11/14 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Durant by far!!!!!!! I have no idea what anyone is smoking thinking Lebron is even close this year. Even when he woke up in February, Durant put up better stats than him over that stretch, with Westbrook back. To say KD dominated without Westbrook, you can also say Lebron has had the same opportunity with Wade out. Durant has the harder schedule in the West and is better than Lebron in PER, Points, Rebounds, 3pt%, FT%, Offensive win shares, defensive win shares, overall win shares, offensive rating and defensive rating. I'm debating whether or not KD has arrived and is now the best player in the game. I don't see him regressing from this play anytime soon.

Hey man, it's all ok. Part of me wanted him to stay in Cleveland too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.