03:00 PM - April 2, 2014 by ShowTyme15
Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video as Nick Livingston goes over the brand new Community Challenges mode. You can see some of these Community Challenges at The Show Nation, as well as the Challenge of the Week.
What are Community Challenges?
- Challenges are usually bite-size game sessions that put you in specific game situations and ask you to accomplish specific statistical goals, but they could be normal length games or even marathons if thatís what the creator wants.
- Community Challenges give gamers the very same tool used by the devs to create challenges.
- With Community Challenges, MLB The Show is the first sports offering with an in-game content creation system that compensates gamers for their creations. When others play your content, you are rewarded Stubs (a universal in-game currency redeemable for all other mode currencies).
- Custom rosters can be bundled with challenges, allowing users to utilize community made rosters in the challenges they make.
- Each Challenge has its own intimate leaderboard that crowns a winner every week and rewards them with stubs that have accrued in that week.