Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post


MLB 14 The Show will be available at 12:01 AM EST on April 1st as a Day 1 digital download for PS3 users.

Unfortunately, for those of you waiting for the PS Vita version, you will have to wait for the PlayStation Store to update later in the day.

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 chitownwonder @ 03/31/14 07:55 PM
Asked this in a different thread. Will you be able to trade in digital copy of ps3 to upgrade to digital copy for PS4? Don't know much about downloading gms but my blue ray went out on PS3 and it's the only way I can get 14 on PS3.

And if you can will you get a discount on PS4.
 
# 2 Steve_OS @ 03/31/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwonder
Asked this in a different thread. Will you be able to trade in digital copy of ps3 to upgrade to digital copy for PS4? Don't know much about downloading gms but my blue ray went out on PS3 and it's the only way I can get 14 on PS3.

And if you can will you get a discount on PS4.
Nothing official has been announced to support that sort of upgrade yet.
 
# 3 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/31/14 08:15 PM
Any idea how many gb it takes up?
 
# 4 CaseIH @ 03/31/14 08:16 PM
I didnt notice it said EST. I think that means i will be able to download at 11:01 pm then, if so thats great.
 
# 5 chitownwonder @ 03/31/14 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Nothing official has been announced to support that sort of upgrade yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll have to wait until something official is announced for that. Once again thank you
 
# 6 cubby blue @ 03/31/14 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Any idea how many gb it takes up?
I looked at mlb 13 digital download on amazon and it says 21.7 gb. Maybe somebody else can chime in who actually has the download. I figure it would be about the same.
 
# 7 trainerdave @ 03/31/14 09:05 PM
What are the odds the servers will be able to handle all of the downloads starting at 12:01EST? Also can I pre-order online with my CC through PSN or do I have to add money to My Wallet and do it on the PS3? Thanks!
 
# 8 MrOldboy @ 03/31/14 09:13 PM
I feel like if someone else made this thread it would be considered redundant. This was confirmed a while ago that it would be releasing 12am EST when the preorder was available to purchase.

For those who asked and didn't go digital last year the download last year was split up into two parts. 10.3GB and 11.4GB. Lets assume its the same size.

You will need at least about 33-34GB of space to download and install this not double 21.7GB like with other games if they split it up again this year.
 
# 9 cubby blue @ 03/31/14 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I feel like if someone else made this thread it would be considered redundant. This was confirmed a while ago that it would be releasing 12am EST when the preorder was available to purchase.

For those who asked and didn't go digital last year the download last year was split up into two parts. 10.3GB and 11.4GB. Lets assume its the same size.

You will need at least about 33-34GB of space to download and install this not double 21.7GB like with other games if they split it up again this year.
I thought about getting the digital download, but I think I will pass. My internet speed is 6 mbits per second.
By the time it's ready I could have just gone to the store and pick it up. Plus I will have a hard copy to sale when I get the ps4 version or go the gamestop route.
 
# 10 HustlinOwl @ 03/31/14 09:41 PM
Could someone PLEASE create an online franchise and please explain how team budgets will work cant get an answer unless online isnt active until tomorrow
 
# 11 CaseIH @ 03/31/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I feel like if someone else made this thread it would be considered redundant. This was confirmed a while ago that it would be releasing 12am EST when the preorder was available to purchase.

For those who asked and didn't go digital last year the download last year was split up into two parts. 10.3GB and 11.4GB. Lets assume its the same size.

You will need at least about 33-34GB of space to download and install this not double 21.7GB like with other games if they split it up again this year.
Sorry for being a noob, m not very good at this stuff, 1 reason why I was concerned about doing digital, but decided to give it a try. I hope I dont mess something up.
When you say, 2 different downloads, how does that work? Do I need to do anything or will it do it automatically, with both downloads? Again sorry for being pretty incompetent when it comes to this stuff.
 
# 12 grgmths1433 @ 03/31/14 10:53 PM
Please don't April fool us! Haha
 
# 13 CaseIH @ 03/31/14 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
the reason for 2 downloads is if you get disconnected for some reason you wouldnt have to download 20 gig again (I Think)

I think it just auto downloads both
Ah Ok, that makes some sense as to why they do that then. I was hoping it was nothing to confusing for someone as dumb as me when it comes to all things computers,lol.
 
# 14 grgmths1433 @ 03/31/14 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
well its now 12 01 nothing has shown up yet
Same thing here!
 
# 15 grgmths1433 @ 03/31/14 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
well its now 12 01 nothing has shown up yet
Only the theme keeps downloading, unless I doing something wrong.
 
# 16 MrOldboy @ 03/31/14 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
the reason for 2 downloads is if you get disconnected for some reason you wouldnt have to download 20 gig again (I Think)

I think it just auto downloads both
Downloads resume on consoles noproblem. If you loose connection it'll resume when you reconnect.

Its more likely either just a quirk with how SCEA does the install or they are aware of the install issue on PS3 (need 2x the space to install) so they tried to cut down on the required HDD space by about 25%.
 
# 17 Foo4Everlong @ 03/31/14 11:10 PM
Yeah, I think if my memory serves me right, last years day one digital was 3AM. Not a 100% sure though. Later
 
# 18 grgmths1433 @ 03/31/14 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Yeah, I think if my memory serves me right, last years day one digital was 3AM. Not a 100% sure though. Later
Believe it was something like that.
 
# 19 mikemulloy @ 03/31/14 11:12 PM
says i can't purchase it at this time. bummer
 
# 20 mikemulloy @ 03/31/14 11:13 PM
someone tweet me if something changes, i get alerts on my phone but dont feel like refreshing this hahaa. @fakemikemulloy
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.