Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post


FranchisePlaySports has posted their MLB 14 The Show video interview with community manager, Ramone Russell. Plenty of good information was touched on with some bullet points below. Make sure you listen to the full interview here, hosted by Brian Mazique.
  • You can create the same amount of players as last year
  • You can still edit players to the same extent as last year
  • Create a Ballpark is coming, but not this year
  • Quick count info (Make sure you pay attention!)
  • Talks about some of the new animations (some are specific to PS4, like slap swings, Japan league style swings - A couple hundred fielding animations)
  • All injury presentations are brand new
  • 6 team minimum but only one human player needed in online franchise (clarified by Ramone in comments)
  • On PS4, you will see more closeups of the fans, signs they are holding
  • Talks about new camera angles
  • Commentary details
  • Crowd model details
  • Some RTTS details
  • Community Challenge details (Creating any situation)

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 5 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Knight165 @ 03/22/14 01:48 PM
Daaayuuuum.....secrets out!!

M.K.
Knight165
 
# 2 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 01:50 PM
hopefully there will be more clarification on the online franchise portion of the game and not solely on features. Last year a lot of it was by trial and error and then reporting back to the community on exactly what does what and how to set up leagues to make work how wanted. Excited to hear more about community challenges and can use as practice mode and how the community plays out different situations
 
# 3 ShowTyme15 @ 03/22/14 01:51 PM
Create a ballpark sounds promising. Hopefully they make that aspect in depth in the future and go all out which i am sure they will. A lot of good info in this video I like the direction everything is going.
 
# 4 kehlis @ 03/22/14 01:58 PM
So if I understood that correctly, if I want to do an online franchise by myself to take advantage of the differences between online/offline I can't since the minimum is 6 human teams? Or is there a workaround for that?


Very nice interview though.
 
# 5 ShowTyme15 @ 03/22/14 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So if I understood that correctly, if I want to do an online franchise by myself to take advantage of the differences between online/offline I can't since the minimum is 6 human teams? Or is there a workaround for that?


Very nice interview though.
Didn't sound like there was a work around. Sounds like 6 human controlled teams minimum or no Online Franchise at all. Maybe Ramone can hop in and clarify some things if need be.
 
# 6 MrOldboy @ 03/22/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Didn't sound like there was a work around. Sounds like 6 human controlled teams minimum or no Online Franchise at all. Maybe Ramone can hop in and clarify some things if need be.
Wow, if true that's a big deal. All the posts in the online franchise thread indicated you could do one human and 29 CPU teams.
 
# 7 ShowTyme15 @ 03/22/14 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Wow, if true that's a big deal. All the posts in the online franchise thread indicated you could do one human and 29 CPU teams.
Wouldn't jump to a conclusion yet. Like I said lets see if Ramone or any other Dev can clarify cause according the interview you have to have a minimum of 6 human controlled teams and the rest of the teams can be set for the CPU to control.
 
# 8 MrOldboy @ 03/22/14 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Wouldn't jump to a conclusion yet. Like I said lets see if Ramone or any other Dev can clarify cause according the interview you have to have a minimum of 6 human controlled teams and the rest of the teams can be set for the CPU to control.
Well the way Ramone responded to the guys follow up question seemed like he was second guessing the 6 required statement so maybe there's hope.
 
# 9 LastActionHero @ 03/22/14 02:22 PM
Where's the interview?
 
# 10 Scott @ 03/22/14 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Where's the interview?
Seriously? Check the video in the 1st post..
 
# 11 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
So if I understood that correctly, if I want to do an online franchise by myself to take advantage of the differences between online/offline I can't since the minimum is 6 human teams? Or is there a workaround for that?


Very nice interview though.
6 minimum teams and can be AI controlled no different than years past
 
# 12 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Didn't sound like there was a work around. Sounds like 6 human controlled teams minimum or no Online Franchise at all. Maybe Ramone can hop in and clarify some things if need be.
wrong 6 teams minimum for a league and the other 5 can be AI controlled if choose so
 
# 13 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Well the way Ramone responded to the guys follow up question seemed like he was second guessing the 6 required statement so maybe there's hope.
exactly see my post above seems like the online community knows more about online leagues and DD in past iterations
 
# 14 ShowTyme15 @ 03/22/14 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
wrong 6 teams minimum for a league and the other 5 can be AI controlled if choose so
Okay I gotcha. Didn't hear him mention it was 6 minimum for leagues. Thanks for the clarification
 
# 15 MrOldboy @ 03/22/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
6 minimum teams and can be AI controlled no different than years past
That's what we've assumed since the beginning. I'm still going to assume that is the case, the interviewer did a good job in confusing Ramone with his questions to the point where when he said? Can just me and another person play online franchise" Ramone said he'd have to check.

Watching tha part again I can see why there was confusion as Ramone specifically used the word humans and not teams.
 
# 16 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Okay I gotcha. Didn't hear him mention it was 6 minimum for leagues. Thanks for the clarification
just fired up 13 and went to create a league, by default it is 6 minimum
 
# 17 MrOldboy @ 03/22/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
just fired up 13 and went to create a league, by default it is 6 minimum
I wasn't even aware you could do online franchise with just 6 teams. I thought you had to have the entire league for it to work properly, but I guess its not really needed since they probably tuned the logic to handle different amounts of teams.
 
# 18 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I wasn't even aware you could do online franchise with just 6 teams. I thought you had to have the entire league for it to work properly, but I guess its not really needed since they probably tuned the logic to handle different amounts of teams.
yep in the past did several workarounds for a real playoff type format. No online playoff so commissioner would have to do some work to setup
 
# 19 Russell_SCEA @ 03/22/14 02:45 PM
6 team minimum but only one human player needed. Tongue twisting question flow.
 
# 20 HustlinOwl @ 03/22/14 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
6 team minimum but only one human player needed. Tongue twisting question flow.
lol all good thanks for clarification
 

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.