12:42 PM - March 20, 2014 by MMChrisS
It's no fun to go with chalk for many because, let's face it, who wants to be known as the guy who was right by picking the obvious? The real fun comes in bragging rights surrounding your prophetic ability (or luck) to pick the biggest first-round upsets.
Remember that time in 8th grade when you nailed three out of four teams in the finals? That's great, but remember in 2001 when you spilled ink on your bracket, blotting out No. 2 seed Iowa State prompting you to pick No. 15 Hampton -- and you were right? Now that's something worth remembering.
Sound Off: What first-round upsets are you predicting for the NCAA tournament?
Sports Headlines for March 20, 2014
- A scary moment as Aroldis Chapman takes a line drive off his face in Spring Training action yesterday.
- It was always purely conjecture that an 18-game schedule was coming, but the NFL is standing firm in the current 16-game regular season format.
- Cal Poly isn't just going to upset Wichita, they're taking home the title. [Image]
- Not-so-Sweet-16 punishment: Bill Self is suspending Joel Embiid for the Jayhawks' first two games (assuming they make it that far).
- The new NBA commish is hinting that sponsor-covered jerseys may become the norm in the near future.