03:40 PM - March 18, 2014 by MMChrisS
NFL teams are moving and shaking via free agency to position themselves for a playoff push in 2014. Most of the priorities revolve around freeing organizations of bad contracts that burden the team salary cap or finding that missing piece at key positions.
In the nation's capital, however, the Redskins are hoping for a different kind of addition this offseason. They just want the return of RGIII to his pre-injury rookie season form.
The former Heisman winner at Baylor has announced that the knee brace is coming off for the upcoming 2014 season -- but will it make a difference? The multiple ligament tears in Griffin III's right knee likely reeled in some of his explosiveness, but time will tell if he returns to his old form without the brace, or if the damage was career altering.
Sound Off: Will RGIII return to his pre-injury form in 2014 or is he damaged goods?
Sports Headlines for March 18, 2014
- One of the more bizarre double-plays you'll see in a baseball game. [Video]
- Check out the final shot of a perfect 18-shot Putt-Putt round. [YouTube]
- Want to see season? Look no further. [YouTube]
- The Spokane Indians -- a Minor League Baseball team -- will sport an ethnically friendly Salish word in honor of the Native Americans in the region.
- Michael Vick's NFL career is likely all-but-over as interest in signing the veteran quarterback is nearly non-existent.