Home
NHL 14 News Post


EA SPORTS and NBC SPORTS have partnered up with each other and have added the NBC Game of the Week in NHL 14, which you will see featured every Thursday to Sunday and the Wednesday Night Rivalry game from Monday to Wednesday.

You can earn up to 500 EA PUCKS which can be used towards your Hockey Ultimate Team, every time you complete an NBC Matchup.

To play NBC Matchup*:
  • Select (NBC MATCHUP) in the FEATURED section on the NHL 14 main menu.
Or
  • In the NHL®14 main menu, select (PLAY)
  • In the PLAY section, select (QUICK MODES)
  • In the QUICK MODES section, select (NBC MATCHUP)
*NOTE: Your console must have an active internet connection to receive the latest NBC Matchup.

Source - EA Sports

NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 csamuelsvt @ 03/14/14 06:57 PM
wonder if they'll finally have the NBC presentation in the next gen game? Everyone knows they need the overhaul in the presentation department
 
# 2 statum71 @ 03/14/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
wonder if they'll finally have the NBC presentation in the next gen game? Everyone knows they need the overhaul in the presentation department
My thoughts exactly. I hope this is the start of something. I would love to hear Doc on commentary.

Gary Thorne is legendary and still sounds great. But the audio has really gotten old in NHL.
 
# 3 Majingir @ 03/14/14 09:04 PM
Good to see them with a partnership like this. Though wouldn't CBC/Rogers have been best route to go by since I'd assume majority of buyers are from Canada,and EA in Vancouver makes the game?

Either way, hope presentation gets changed big time for NHL15.
 
# 4 SHAKYR @ 03/14/14 09:08 PM
I really hope they implement it well and not just as a simple cosmetic tack on.
 
# 5 bwiggy33 @ 03/14/14 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Good to see them with a partnership like this. Though wouldn't CBC/Rogers have been best route to go by since I'd assume majority of buyers are from Canada,and EA in Vancouver makes the game?

Either way, hope presentation gets changed big time for NHL15.
Well look at it this way, EA isn't trying to make the game appeal to where it sells most. EA wants to promote and attract this game to the casual fans, especially in the US. That's what boosts their sales. Your casual US hockey fans would see CBC/Rogers and say, What is that? That isn't appealing to them. However, if they see the NBC logo they're going to look at it as it being awesome how they've integrated NBC (something they recognize) into the game. That alone can sell copies. I'd be willing to bet that many people back in the ESPN 2k hockey days bought that game specifically because it had ESPN. I know I did one year but since I was younger I was more into the graphics and EA looked way better so it appealed to me more.

People in Canada or people who are hardcore hockey fans aren't going to skip buying the game because NBC is in the game and CBC/Rogers isn't, or vice versa. The hardcore hockey fans are likely to skip for bigger reasons like gameplay. I know that is my reason with this series.

Anyway I definitely see your point but if you look at what this series has done to try and attract the casuals the past however many years, they really aren't focused on what the hardcore fans want. The hardcore players have no option but EA and if they want a new NHL game bad enough that's what they have to buy. Maybe it will change with Next Gen but I'm not banking on it. What I would like to see though is if you're using a US team the broadcast is NBC, and if you're a Canadian team it's CBC. I think that would be awesome and is appealing to everyone. An option in the visual settings menu would also be nice. That's just my .02 cents on it, but I really hope they can make the presentation so it appeals to both Canadians and Americans.
 
# 6 The00Raven00Effect @ 03/14/14 11:37 PM
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?
 
# 7 phatkroger10 @ 03/15/14 01:56 AM
I saw this come up in my save data awhile back, but I couldn't figure out what it was. I'm really glad they're doing something like this. I do love Gary Thorne. He's legendary, but EA has just kind of seemingly got lazy with updating any sort of audio. I always draft/pick my favorite UND alum, but when I have to hear about "Zach Parise was picked late by New Jersey because he doesn't have ideal size." Christ, that was 10 years ago. He doesn't even play in New Jersey anymore.

I'm really hoping to hear Doc Emrick in NHL 15. Only one problem.... he'll have so many phrases for 'pass', there will have to be two discs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbsgtf986qQ
 
# 8 Dougie_G_93 @ 03/15/14 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Raven00Effect
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?
Um yeah.

That hockey is Canada's game crap really toasts my oats.

Millions of Americans love hockey just as much as canadians.
 
# 9 jyoung @ 03/15/14 01:13 PM
I hope this is the beginning of an NBC-themed presentation overhaul for NHL 15.

Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk -- commentary
Pierre McGuire -- between the benches
Liam McHugh -- intermission reports, studio updates, post-game show

And of course, all the NBC music and graphic overlays.

Make it happen, EA!

 
# 10 emericaridr11 @ 03/15/14 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Raven00Effect
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?
haha, hope you really didnt mean this
Hockey runs my life, living in Colorado.... dang Grizzlies!

this is pretty cool I guess.....

gotta say I assume everyone likes their Announcers...... I would KILL to have my boys in there, Mike Haynes and Peter Mcnab (of course who knows them fools though muah)
 
# 11 Dougie_G_93 @ 03/15/14 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
haha, hope you really didnt mean this
Hockey runs my life, living in Colorado.... dang Grizzlies!

this is pretty cool I guess.....

gotta say I assume everyone likes their Announcers...... I would KILL to have my boys in there, Mike Haynes and Peter Mcnab (of course who knows them fools though muah)
I especially like when Colorado's opponent scores....

And Haynes practically whispers..... scores... LOL
 
# 12 Arrowhead21 @ 03/15/14 02:15 PM
I just played the NBC matchup 4 times on superstar and lost them all in the shootout or last minute of the game. these offline superstar matches are complete stupidity. dominate the game all you want. The computer will find a way to even the score and win in the end, unless you fire fifty one timers per period. its honestly pathetic the way the game plays under these conditions.
 
# 13 Arrowhead21 @ 03/15/14 02:17 PM


this goal was disallowed. why? because it would've won me the game.

https://twitter.com/hxcplisit/status/444908672955584512
 
# 14 emericaridr11 @ 03/15/14 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
I especially like when Colorado's opponent scores....

And Haynes practically whispers..... scores... LOL
HAHAHA right, so funny
 
# 15 BaylorBearBryant @ 03/15/14 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Raven00Effect
CBC > TSN > NBC.

Hockey night in Canada presentation package would really be something special. Does anyone outside of Canada really play this game anyways?
Lived in TX my whole life. I play this game non-stop more than any other video game.

Would love to see Hockey Night in Canada or the NBC crew presentation integrated. Still enjoy Gary Thorne, but this game is due to get with the times.
 
# 16 jyoung @ 03/15/14 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Why would you want McGuire doing commentary? Are you masochistic?
How else are we going to find out where all these NHL athletes played junior hockey?

I'd also enjoy hearing that regular reminder to "go have some fun out there." Too many people take the game of hockey too seriously.
 
# 17 13whitebread @ 03/15/14 03:24 PM
Gary May be legendary I get that but what it's about more than anything is what is going on with the NHL right know and Gary is not doing the NHL. So of course IMO I want announcer that currently does NHL games perferably NBC or CBC and I think I have my favorites as well as others just give me somebody that calls it today not one that doesn't anymore.
 
# 18 Toewsface @ 03/15/14 09:14 PM
Oh joy! Useless puffery instead of putting out a decent roster update where every AHL centerman doesn't have a 60 face-off rating.
 
# 19 tbayjordan @ 03/16/14 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
Um yeah.

That hockey is Canada's game crap really toasts my oats.

Millions of Americans love hockey just as much as canadians.
Too bad Canada always beats the US. Lol
 
# 20 statum71 @ 03/16/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
Gary May be legendary I get that but what it's about more than anything is what is going on with the NHL right know and Gary is not doing the NHL. So of course IMO I want announcer that currently does NHL games perferably NBC or CBC and I think I have my favorites as well as others just give me somebody that calls it today not one that doesn't anymore.
I agree. Maybe you misunderstood my post. I'm ready for change to current announcers too.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.