11:43 AM - March 14, 2014 by MMChrisS
Love watching college basketball in March? Yep. Can't wait for March Madness to start and the brackets to be announced? Of course. Want to win $1 million? Uh, yeah!. Think you can fill out the perfect March Madness bracket? Your confidence level may have just clanked off the side of the rim.
But don't be so sad. If you're one of the lucky ones who can notch a top-20 finish in Warren Buffett's "Perfect Bracket Challenge" you may still walk away with a cool $200,000.
Lucky for you, one professor at Davidson College may have the boost you need to line your pockets with some serious cheddar. Factors such as recency, winnings streaks, a thing called APBRmetrics, and strengh-of-schedule all factor in -- but not simple winning percentage.
Granted, your chances of a perfect bracket are somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 in 4 billion (some estimate as high as 9 billion!), but you can't win if you don't try.
Sound Off: What is the most accurate March Madness bracket you've completed?
Sports Headlines for March 14, 2014
- Hopkins High School sophomore Amir Coffey, hits a 60 foot buzzer beater after 4OTs -- propels team into state championship. [YouTube]
- At least he isn't poisoning trees, but one crazy UK fan has already inked himself with a Wildcats national championship tattoo.
- What real-time gambling data reveals about sports.
- NBA Jam: White man style. [YouTube]
- Soccer Time: Check out the Best Goals of the Week. [YouTube]