12:34 PM - March 13, 2014 by MMChrisS
Phil Jackson is the King Midas of the NBA -- or at least the New York Knicks hope so.
Granted the parallels aren't exact, but it's much the same as the Bill Parcells in Miami experiment -- or more currently, Pat Riley in Miami. The former was much a flop, but Riley has had decent success overseeing the Miami Heat. But then again, how much credit do you give front office executives when people like LeBron James are on your team?
For the Knicks, they likely hope that Jackson can exact some type of change that puts the organization into championship contention. But unless Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Kobe Bryant or Shaquille O'Neal dawn the blue-and-orange with the vigor of their prime years, Jackson may be adding a negative notch to his legacy by taking on the New York project.
Sound Off: Does the addition of Phil Jackson make the Knicks a championship contender in the near future?
Sports Headlines for March 13, 2014
- Allegations have surfaced that link boxer Floyd Mayweather to a kidnapping and beating incident.
- The Patriots love to grab under-the-radar youngsters and proven veterans at the end of their career -- welcome to New England, Darrelle Revis.
- Minnesota Nice: A teenager moves a crowd to tears after hugging the cancer-stricken father of the opponent who just defeated him in a championship wrestling match.
- Legendary sports writer Rick Reilly is done writing for ESPN.
- Check out this incredible full-court make in the closing seconds of the first half during an Iowa High School playoff basketball game. [YouTube]