01:05 PM - March 12, 2014 by MMChrisS
If you thought breaking up with your significant other through email or text message is bad, wait until you hear about this one.
According to a screen-grab from yesterday, Darren Sproles found out he was being shopped around by the New Orleans Saints via a Tweet by @ESPNNFL.
Granted, we live in a culture where media is driven by the race to obtain and release information, but organizationally this reeks of poor leadership by the Saints front office. Perhaps it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as NFL players are essentially business assets in a billion dollar industry. But for the sake of corporate unity, it's incredible to see front-office executives skip over the line of communication with players and go straight to the media.
Sound Off: Which NFL franchise suffers the most from poor leadership?
Sports Headlines for March 12, 2014
- Two high school basketball coaches in Iowa have stepped down after feeling bullied by players' parents.
- Ervin Santana has inked a deal to join the Atlanta Braves for 2014.
- Only in hockey will players fight; then hug and high-five. [YouTube]
- Recent reports have stated that Kobe Bryant is done for the rest of the season.
- Trades, Signings, and Cuts -- Oh My! Get ready for the NFL's free-agent free-for-all.