12:12 PM - February 28, 2014 by MMChrisS
Sure, the Heat won an interesting matchup with the Knicks last night -- but who wants to talk about "X"s and "O"s? Did you see that masked man?
Zorro? The Dark Knight? Whatever comparisons you make, the man behind the mask scored 31-points in his first game back since suffering a broken nose. When asked about his choice of the all-black mask, LeBron stated he picked it because it went with his uniform.
In a league obsessed with fashion, both good and bad (short sleeve jerseys?) I can't imagine the league just letting this one go. Surely there will be authentic replica "King James" jerseys and black mask combo packages for sale on NBA.com in the near future, right? And while we're at it, we can't keep the same nickname jersey for LeBron. If you're going to dawn a black mask and drop thirty points on an opponent, let's get a little more creative.
Sound Off: What nickname best fits LeBron while wearing his black carbon-fiber mask?
Sports Headlines for February 28, 2014
- Ryan Braun homered in his first Spring Training at-bat -- the first live action he's seen since his 2013 suspension for PED use.
- Sports can be emotion stirring, but I don't think I want to be in the same room as this guy when his team loses. [Image]
- Did You Know? The last time the Cubs won a World Series, the Ottoman Empire still existed.
- A high schooler blasts a 67-yard goal in the opening moments of a soccer match. [YouTube]
- Reebok has changed its logo to reflect a new focus on fitness. [Image]