02:12 PM - February 27, 2014 by MMChrisS
Want to know how impressive Wichita State's 30-0 season is? Just look on ESPN.com for the story.
Can't find it yet? Keep looking -- no, not on the front page, check the NCAA Basketball sub-page. Ah there it is! All the way down as the tenth story of the day.
One-and-a-half days removed from making history, the No. 2 Shockers are just an afterthought -- much like they've been this entire season. Sure they play in the MVC which happens to be minus the Doug McDermott Show at Creighton this year, but did we forget this is the same team that reached the Final Four last year? It's one thing to get the "Boise State" treatment in college football, but when you back up a huge run with regular-season perfection (still one game to go!), what more does it take to be No. 1?
Sound Off: Should Wichita State be ranked No. 1?
Sports Headlines for Thursday February 27, 2014
- CNN can't keep their stock photos organized -- I don't think that's Jason Collins. [Image]
- Cameron Hughes -- the superfan who gets paid to be a lunatic at sporting events. [Video]
- If you like sports infographs, this may be one of the better ones to show comparisons of America's five major professional sports leagues. [Image]
- You could say Spring Training sports reporting is a little starved for content. [Image]
- Apparently John Rocker is still the same ol' John Rocker. [Image][NSFW]