12:38 PM - February 24, 2014 by MMChrisS
I don't know what Zack Greinke is talking about. I'd love to be in Australia right now, melting away in the unruly heat.
It's still February and I've had enough of the constant and brutal cold along with snow that refuses to leave. The path my snow blower has cut through our driveway has left a smooth facade of snow that views like a geological history lesson. You can literally see the different layers that date back to the first, second, third -- you get the picture.
Of course the Dodgers hurler wasn't referring to the weather when he proclaimed zero excitement about opening the MLB season in Australia. But don't tell Australian officials that -- they're pretty upset.
In a slight moment of defense, Dodgers president Stan Kasten stated: Quote:
|"He's famously focused and meticulous about his training regimen. It's what makes him so good and such a great teammate. This is clearly going to alter his routine. I understand that aspect of it."|
Sound Off: Does Zack Greinke have a legitimate argument or should professional athletes embrace global events even if it proves to be an inconvenience?
Sports Headlines for February 24, 2014
- The Miami Heat have the exact same record through 53 games since the 'Big 3' came together. [Image]
- Sochi brought a little humor to the closing ceremonies, poking fun of their botched opening ceremonies moment. [Image]
- A delayed Daytona 500 led to Fox replaying last year's race, confusing many fans who thought Jimmie Johnson won again. [Twitter]
- A nice moment as one gold medalist waits 28-minutes for the last place finisher so they can shake hands.
- Jadeveon Clowney was made for events like the NFL combine, posting a 4.47 40-yard dash.