01:47 PM - February 18, 2014 by MMChrisS
The NFL combine starts up in three days and you know what that means -- large men running the 40-yard dash in youth-medium spandex.
It also signals the onslaught of experts from ESPN and The NFL Network who will give us their insight and probably unleash a new phrase (Catch Radius?) to impress the viewers. But, wait there's more!
Get your red pen ready folks, because it's mock draft season. You're about to be bombarded with more mock drafts than there are prospects in the draft. And the fun thing: None of them will be even remotely correct, according to analysis by Jimmy Kempski of Philly.com.
|...In 2013, [Mel] Kiper [Jr.] got a grand total of 0 picks correct, and missed on each pick by an average of 19.1 draft spots. And yet, statistically, Kiper fared the best...|
Sound Off: How involved are you in following the NFL combine and pre-draft coverage?
Sports Headlines for February 18, 2014
- Never celebrate before crossing the finish line.
- Baltimore is working to position their rotation for a serious run in the AL East with the addition of Ubaldo Jimenez.
- Just a video of Seahawks coach Pete Caroll playing the piano. [YouTube]
- A handy spring training guide for all fifteen Grapefruit League teams.
- The Brazilian bobsled team goes airborne during a crash at the Sochi Olympics. [Animated Gif]