06:10 PM - February 17, 2014 by MMChrisS
We can forgive him considering his youthful ignorance, but Johnny Manziel says Russell Wilson deserves credit for "paving the way" for short QBs.
History doesn't always translate well when comparing players to the strains of the modern-day NFL, but Fran Tarkenton, Sonny Jurgesen, and Drew Brees -- just to name a few -- might have an argument.
Elite quarterbacks who struggle to reach 6' in stature isn't the norm, and the fact that they're limited enough in numbers to garner a 'list' only helps to illustrate the risk involved with taking on vertically challenged signal-callers. Magnify that choice with the importance of a first-round draft pick and suddenly taking someone like Johnny Manziel with a No. 1 selection becomes an all-or-nothing option for NFL GM's.
Sound Off: Will Johnny Manziel be a franchise quarterback or will other factors, including his size, limit his long-term success in the NFL?
Sports Headlines for February 17, 2014
- Congratulations NBC, you just made Bode Miller cry.
- A butt-check and a beaut! [Animated Gif]
- The 76ers are signing a special needs high schooler to a two-day contract.
- Team USA has reached the final for women's hockey in Sochi.
- Kobe Bryant shared his 'Mount Rushmore' of NBA legends and LeBron isn't on it.