04:56 PM - February 14, 2014 by MMChrisS
Tired of the same game-mode choices in your sports gaming life? One creative soul may have just ignited an idea that game makers and licensing companies can get behind. Introducing: Space Jam incorporated into NBA 2K14.
We've all played a season or franchise in some aspect, and the "My Player" modes are growing in popularity and depth. But what if you could relive moments from your favorite sports movie while playing a video game?
What if NCAA Football (if it still existed) allowed for a Rudy play-through of key moments? Perhaps SCEA could let us incorporate some Bull Durham, A League of Their Own, Field of Dreams or any of the Major League movies? Sure, we can create characters and add them to our current teams, but what about recreating the actual moments?
Sound Off: Would your purchase decision be influenced if a sports game incorporated relivable sports movie moments?
Sports Headlines for February 14, 2014
- Derek Jeter's All-Star dating lineup is so packed he even needs a DH spot. [Image]
- Who says curling isn't dangerous? A Russian competitor found out how soft the ice is with a nasty face-plant. [Animated Gif]
- Get a glimpse of athletes from the first Winter Olympics in 1924.
- Kevin Durant dropped 43-points on the Lakers who hit a new low for the year in their loss to OKC.
- SEC coaches Bielema and Saban are hoping for an NCAA rule that would slow down hurry-up offenses.