2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil News Post

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil was announced this morning, and perhaps the most shocking bit of all is that the game will be an exclusively current gen game.

There are some notable feature improvements, and with 203 National Teams represented, there are going to be plenty of things to do in the title. However, the sticking point for many may just be that they don't want to go back to the 360/PS3 to play a soccer game.

What do you think? Are you excited about the game? Will you be picking it up or passing on it?

Sound off in our poll to your right on the frontpage and above you in the forums.

Game: 2014 FIFA World Cup BrazilReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RangersCruz @ 02/06/14 10:44 AM
They don't want the same backlash for what happened with NBA live current gen made game put as a " next gen " with crappy graphics and other things
# 2 fnz21 @ 02/06/14 10:52 AM
I just got FIFA 14 for Christmas, so I don't see my self getting the World Cup edition. However, the only other soccer game I have is the 2010 South Africa World Cup edition, and I had a lot of fun with that one.
# 3 DirtyJerz32 @ 02/06/14 11:05 AM
If it was coming out for next consoles I'd pick it up. SMH!
# 4 RayRay34 @ 02/06/14 11:23 AM
I've always been a fan of the FIFA World Cup games. Better atmospher and presentation. Do I wish it was on next gen??? YES!! But I'll pick it up on current gen if that's my only option.
# 5 bigdoc85 @ 02/06/14 11:27 AM
I may consider it. To be honest, next gen FIFA 14 hasn't wowed me -- I actually prefer playing FIFA on current gen so this may be a good fit.
# 6 Shimoda @ 02/06/14 12:19 PM
Forgive my english if I write something wrong. Iīm from Brazil...Fifa 14 for ps4 is a good game but the camera angles are terrible... The camera angles are so much better in the replays... I would like to see where Iīm kicking the ball instead just kicking in the goal direction... They have changed the broadcast camera that I used to play in the current gen and we donīt have an option to change the END TO END camera like we have in NHL franchise to see the goal always in front of us (sorry if canīt explain write).... More camera angles, please!!!
# 7 Jazzman1522 @ 02/06/14 12:31 PM
Abso-friggin-lutely! I'm so excited for this. The 2010 World Cup game was the best money I've ever spent on a game. I'd still play it if the gameplay mechanics weren't so dated. I was terrified that this year's version would either be DLC (Like Euro 2012) or Next-Gen only. It is a bummer for people that have made the jump to Next-Gen but for somebody who hasn't and may never now that marriage has significantly cut into play time, this is great news.
# 8 mcmax3000 @ 02/06/14 02:33 PM
Nope. I was fully planning on it, but the lack of next gen completely killed my interest in it.
# 9 Picci @ 02/06/14 04:49 PM
Wow, I voted yes but then read option 2 and said WTF! Why?!? Went to read what MMChris put up and as usual~~EA cops out! What a bunch of boloney! So, now the answer is no! Thank you EA for continuing to ruin my gaming experiences.!

Feel like driving by EA Hdqrs and............................................... ........

# 10 dgoodin24 @ 02/07/14 04:20 AM
I was going to buy this instead of FIFA 14, for next gen. Well not now..
# 11 Entiae @ 02/07/14 05:00 AM
I own a PC and a next gen console. There's no World Cup 2014 game for me to buy.
# 12 Moose Factory @ 02/07/14 07:51 AM
And EA wonders why they're the most hated company in the world... What a joke this is.
# 13 cashless @ 02/07/14 08:37 AM
Had it been a $20 DLC like euro 2012 - no questions, but paying for a fully priced game i'm not so sure about.
# 14 KennyJ1976 @ 02/07/14 10:11 AM
I don't see myself buying it, even though I still have my PS3, but if EA is not going to release it for next gen, they should include a next gen version of the game or world cup mode in Fifa 15. If I'm going to pay $60 for a game, you better believe it gonna be next gen.
# 15 DBMcGee3 @ 02/07/14 12:51 PM
Wow, I was actually stoked about this until I read the 'standalone game' part. Didn't they just add the World Cup as DLC for $20ish last time???

Why in the world would I pay $60 for a game that's only relevant for a couple of months at best? C'mon EA, this is insane.
# 16 AHaras @ 02/07/14 02:35 PM

i thought this was a sports game forum
# 17 Entiae @ 02/07/14 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3

No no, Euro 2012 was DLC (and a huge disappointment).

World Cup 2010 was a standalone title and it was fantastic.
# 18 speedtrucker @ 02/07/14 05:04 PM
won't be buying it only because EA locked me out of the option of buying it...

upgraded to XB1, love FIFA14 and was dang excited for WC2014 because WC2010 was great.

not real pleased with their stance.
# 19 Jgainsey @ 02/07/14 05:51 PM
I haven't played a soccer game in a couple of years(other than a small dose of PES), but I always get into the WC, so I'll probably pick this up.

Also, I don't plan on upgrading to a PS4 until sometime this summer, so that isn't an issue for me. Though it seems pretty strange that it won't be releasing on current gen... Maybe there will be DLC or something for those guys. Who knows..
# 20 Tomba @ 02/07/14 08:51 PM
I really just chalk this up to "throwing current gen owners a bone"

I mean the sheer amount of ppl WITH xbox1 and PS4 stateside and globally is STAGGERING isn't the number something like seriously close to 6 million consoles between both that have sold?

EASports could have EASILY made this for next gen as well as they pretty much made didn't REALLY do anything from scratch WITH Fifa 14 next gen other than texture work lighting and SOME animation unlocks(uncompression) so come on?!

Im disheartened world cup is MY FAVORITE version of a sports title. I was happy as a dog eaten some morning leftover bacon with even euro 2012!