03:28 PM - February 5, 2014 by MMChrisS
| Q: "If you could play in the MLB or NFL, which would you choose?" |
Jameis Winston: "Yes."
Ok, so maybe that wasn't a real quote from a real conversation, but it's not that far from the realm of possibility. Florida State's freshman phenom swept the Heisman trophy en route to a national championship for the Seminoles on the football field this past season. While he's likely spending time preparing for a repeat run, he's got his mind set on another national championship in another sport -- baseball.
Not only is Winston a member of the top-ten ranked Seminoles baseball team, he's already been named an All-American for the upcoming season. We should all have such time-commitment dilemmas to deal with, right?
Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, Brian Jordan, Dave Winfield (oh what could have been) -- and next, Jameis Winston?
Sound Off: If you had to choose between a career in professional football or baseball, which sport would you pick?
Sports Headlines for February 5, 2014
- If you live in SEC country or root for a powerhouse college football program, national signing day (today!) is like Christmas morning.
- Seahawks receiver Golden Tate has stated he would take a pay cut to be able to continue playing in Seattle.
- Journalists in Sochi are live-Tweeting the horrendous experiences they've had since arriving for the winter olympics.
- At least two activists have been jailed in Sochi for protesting.
- King of Flop: A compilation of Oklahoma State's Marcus Smart doing his best on-court acting jobs. [Animated Gif Album]