12:30 PM - February 4, 2014 by MMChrisS
All is forgiven if you failed to notice college basketball's incredible freshman showcase this past Saturday. It was a grand preview of things to come once the Super Bowl air had been cleared, and not a moment too soon considering the stinker that XLVIII turned out to be.
Yesterday we posed the question: Now that football is over, where do you turn your sports attention? Luckily for all those disappointed in the NFL's anti-climactic finish, we have plenty of options. The winter olympics are merely days away, NASCAR's green flag gets waved on the 23rd of this month, and the NBA's latest edition of 'Wild West' meets 'Least of the East' continues to push forward. But there's something about college basketball in March that owns a part of my soul -- and March can't be what it is without the lead-in of February.
Sound Off: Where do you see your favorite college basketball teams fitting into March Madness?
Sports Headlines for February 4, 2014
- When it came to the Super Bowl, apparently they weren't who we thought they were. [Video]
- The Empire State building lit up in Seahawks colors. [Image]
- Attention all Sochi athletes! No fishing in the toilets.
- Seattle GM John Schneider didn't hold back during his post-Super Bowl celebration. [Image]
- Oklahoma City fans couldn't help but do a little trolling of Seahawks (Supersonics) fans. [Image]