01:51 PM - January 31, 2014 by MMChrisS
Super Bowl coverage is pretty boring leading up to the big game. It's a lot of the same conversations and then some weird ones as media outlets try to fill air time. Understandably, no one wants to think or talk about the "What if?" considering we're a mere two days away from the biggest night in professional sports. This is the culmination of the NFL season, it's all about the good, the positive!
Betting lines are on the table, matchups have been poured over, countless names have been dropped by experts who claim to know the X-factor for winning the Super Bowl. But it's the unknown -- the "What if?" that could drive the outcome of a game between two tightly matched teams.
So what if Richard Sherman tweaks an ankle or Marshawn Lynch gets food poisoning from pregame Skittles consumption? Or what if Peyton Manning gets trampled by Denver's white stallion mascot during pregame ceremonies -- then what?
Sound Off: Who is the single-most important player that the Broncos or Seahawks can't win without?
Sports Headlines for January 31, 2014
- The National Congress of American Indians has released an anti-Redskins advertisement. [YouTube]
- An armless kicker has his target set on playing in the NFL. [Video]
- There's not much love for Seahawks fans in the San Fran airport. [Image]
- If you're office is going to show support for the Super Bowl, it's hard to beat this effort. [Image]
- Picard and Gandalf are a little confused about football. [Image]