10:02 AM - January 24, 2014 by MMChrisS
Recent Hall of Fame electee Greg Maddux did the majority of his damage from the mound while wearing an Atlanta Braves uniform. But the crafty Cy Young winner threw us yet another wicked change-up by announcing that he's not going into the HOF as a Brave.
Along with manager Tony LaRussa who saw success in Oakland and St. Louis, Maddux feels his time spent in Chicago and Atlanta should be honored equally. So instead of choosing one team over another, Maddux and LaRussa have opted for a blank spot in place of a logo on their plaque -- something forty-two other players have done previously.
Sound Off: How important is team affiliation when reflecting on your favorite Hall of Fame legends?
Sports Headlines for January 24, 2014
- Rafael Nadal took down Roger Federer in what could be a swan song for the duo's lengthy rivalry.
- Not a fan of Roger Goodell's proposal to end PAT's? You're not alone.
- Mike Pettine has traded hats as Bills defensive coordinator for the unenviable job of Cleveland Browns head coach.
- Less than ten years removed from his championship season at Texas, Vince Young has gone from a promising NFL career to bankruptcy.
- The Dallas Stars did some high-quality Jumbotron trolling of the Maple Leafs. [Image]