Home
NBA 2K14 News Post


The folks at 2K Sports just posted a new screenshot with new information on MyGM mode for NBA 2K14. The screenshots features an owner attribute screen, with a total budget for your franchise with player budgets and payrolls, staff budget, and a budget for team operations -- indicating the possibility of some pretty intense financial options in MyGM mode.

Also, each owner appears to have a set of preferences which will likely act as ratings, with money, team success and image, involvement, franchise morale, and patience being roles in how they approach your management of their franchise.

In the image description, it appears some owners will even try to veto and/or override your decisions on a regular basis.

UPDATE: Another screenshot has been released with a few more details.


Quote:
In NBA 2K14ís MyGM mode, your owner will give you a list of Demands and Wishlists, all based on his personality, that he will want you to accomplish throughout the season and offseason. If you venture too far off course, youíll likely find yourself unemployed. Do well enough, and youíll be afforded the opportunity to be your own boss when your purchase your own NBA franchise.

What do you think about the Owners aspect of MyGM?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 97 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:04 PM
YES! Owner personalities! If they reflect real life owners (And it looks like it does based on this Laker screen) This is awesome.

And, day by day operations look to be operated by real money, not VC.
 
# 2 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 11/06/13 01:08 PM
This is actually interesting . Gives your job a different feel depending where you land.
 
# 3 d23x @ 11/06/13 01:08 PM
All I want is a write up or an interview where I can actually understand this mode fully, or at least get a better feel.
 
# 4 supermati @ 11/06/13 01:09 PM
Good thing that VC is nowhere to be seen on this picture. Hopefully they realize most of the sim crowd never liked VC to begin with and remove it entirely.
 
# 5 King_B_Mack @ 11/06/13 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
YES! Owner personalities! If they reflect real life owners (And it looks like it does based on this Laker screen) This is awesome.

And, day by day operations look to be operated by real money, not VC.
Pretty nice that we're getting these back. Also notice the mention of paying luxury tax penalties. Interesting indeed. Simballer, where you at with that in depth man? Need to know more. lol
 
# 6 cthurt @ 11/06/13 01:10 PM
Interesting, but with every screenshot they release I just have more and more questions about the mode, hope we get a write up soon that goes into more detail.
 
# 7 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Pretty nice that we're getting these back. Also notice the mention of paying luxury tax penalties. Interesting indeed. Simballer, where you at with that in depth man? Need to know more. lol
Lol for real! Is the amnesty clause in? The fact that we have to worry about luxury tax with big name teams is awesome.

Also, i'm gonna speculate here. Based on other screens that show projected profit and such, I feel like you can turn a small market team into a big market with some winning seasons under your belt.

If i'm right, this mode could go DEEP.

Edit: Also, team operations? What could this budget be for? Stadium upgrades? Concession prices? Travel, hotel? The possibilities are endless. We need a write up!
 
# 8 quehouston @ 11/06/13 01:14 PM
The variety and replay value is gonna be insane. Different types of GMs with have a different feel because of the owner personalities. You can probably have like 15 different saves and they'll all have different feels. I like it.
 
# 9 lgxjames @ 11/06/13 01:14 PM
Every time I see a new screen shoot I jot down a few questions I have, Then the next screen shot comes and I rip those questions in half and start a new set...I just don't know what to do about anything anymore...
 
# 10 mrbigshot @ 11/06/13 01:14 PM
"ERICK BOENISH is an owner like no other. He'll pay ANY luxury tax penalty to win a ring."


topics and their importance to the owner:

money: 2 stars.

what???
 
# 11 Rensational14 @ 11/06/13 01:17 PM
1 star money = IDGAF
5 star money = stingy
 
# 12 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigshot
"ERICK BOENISH is an owner like no other. He'll pay ANY luxury tax penalty to win a ring."


topics and their importance to the owner:

money: 2 stars.

what???
I'm assuming it's not that important to him because he has a ton of it to blow. Money isn't a thing when you have an endless supply at your disposal.
 
# 13 xr2unitx @ 11/06/13 01:18 PM
Erick Boenisch? Will the owners be editable?

If not, I wonder if the Lakers owner would get Dr. Jerry Buss or Jim Buss' personality profile.
 
# 14 King_B_Mack @ 11/06/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigshot
"ERICK BOENISH is an owner like no other. He'll pay ANY luxury tax penalty to win a ring."


topics and their importance to the owner:

money: 2 stars.

what???
As in making money isn't important to him. Thus he'll pay ANY luxury tax penalty because money is no object to him.
 
# 15 mrbigshot @ 11/06/13 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm assuming it's not that important to him because he has a ton of it to blow. Money isn't a thing when you have an endless supply at your disposal.

I took it more as "I have so much money that I can use it to dictate virtually any of my decisions. regardless of the circumstance, I want as much money to spend as possible."

could go either way, i suppose. but I just think if you're willing to do anything with your money, then it must be more important to you than you would think.
 
# 16 cthurt @ 11/06/13 01:20 PM
After seeiing this and how each owner will have a different feel, I understand why 32 team control isnt in this mode, it would be way to much to deal with being all 32 teams, unless they put an auto-pilot option in the game where you can assign the cpu to do task you dont want to do for each team.
 
# 17 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigshot
I took it more as "I have so much money that I can use it to dictate virtually any of my decisions. regardless of the circumstance, I want as much money to spend as possible."

could go either way, i suppose. but I just think if you're willing to do anything with your money, then it must be more important to you than you would think.
Like you said, it could go either way lol.
 
# 18 VDusen04 @ 11/06/13 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xr2unitx
Erick Boenisch? Will the owners be editable?
That's a good question. Real life owners would add a sense of legitimacy here.

And regarding owners like the one shown in the Lakers screenshot, will that mean anyone choosing the Lakers as their Association team will have to stick to a "Win at all times" plan or risk getting fired very quickly? Will there be freedom to tear a team down as one sees fit?
 
# 19 mrbigshot @ 11/06/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Like you said, it could go either way lol.

well then that adequately illustrates the fact this mode will actually be pretty deep! I'm hype! lol
 
# 20 Gosens6 @ 11/06/13 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
That's a good question. Real life owners would add a sense of legitimacy here.

And regarding owners like the one shown in the Lakers screenshot, will that mean anyone choosing the Lakers as their Association team will have to stick to a "Win at all times" plan or risk getting fired very quickly? Will there be freedom to tear a team down as one sees fit?
Well think about it. Just like in real life, the Lakers are all about winning and winning now. They're not very keen on rebuilding and i'm glad that's represented in the game.

Now, if you can convince your owner that a rebuild project is necessary when you have a sit down with him, I'm not sure, but I hope it's possible.
 

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.