12:36 PM - November 6, 2013 by Steve_OS
EA Sports posted a new blog today talking about CourtQ, Synergy Sports, ESPN integration and the new Live Season feature.
- CourtQ is powered by Synergy Sports, the official data service for all 30 teams in the NBA. Every possession of every game is logged with detailed reports on each player which goes well beyond what you see in a box score. Stats are down to small details such as how often a player goes left or right and home vs. away shooting.
- After each game, Synergy supplies data on more than 70 ratings and tendencies which updates the rosters in the game in real-time. This will result in rosters which dynamically change in the game in a way never before seen in sports games.
- EA claims CourtQ and Synergy Sports eliminates subjectivity from player ratings and instead the players performance goes solely by the numbers. Plan is to expand and improve CourtQ in future editions.
- Player appearances will update on the fly as well with no need for scheduled roster updates. Everything from haircuts, to player accessories and gear will be updated throughout the season.
- Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy will man the booth for commentary in NBA Live 14 with Jalen Rose in as the studio host. There will be halftime and post-game shows as well as updates from Rose on what's happening in the real NBA and within the Live 14 community.
- NBA Live 14 will update every time you boot the game up, meaning you will likely get a fresh new look to the game each time you boot.