MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14: The Show on PS4.

Thanks to a revelation by Sony in announcing MLB 14: The Show, we know that there will be only one next-gen baseball sim next season.

What does this mean to you? Are you going to alter any purchasing decisions or do you just not care about hardball on consoles?

Sound off by voting in our poll to your right on the frontpage and above you in the forums!

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 enice128 @ 11/05/13 12:59 PM
I will be choosing the PS4....case closed!

# 2 extremeskins04 @ 11/05/13 01:03 PM
PS4 regardless of The Show. The Show is icing on the cake.

# 3 grodbetatted @ 11/05/13 01:25 PM
Absolutely nothing to me... I haven't played a baseball game since mlb 98... Xbox one for launch I LOVE ONLINE PLAY and kind of like 2k vs live Xbox has proven themselves in that department lol

# 4 Joman66 @ 11/05/13 01:33 PM
If I had the $$, I'd buy a PS4, The Show was not a deciding factor but is one of the reasons why PS4 is better than X1.

# 5 PhillyTurtle @ 11/05/13 01:40 PM
Reason why im switching from Xbox360 to PS4 couldnt deal with mlb2k Or having bad baseball games. Was actually in the store to buy a ps3 earlier in the year and they told me new systems were coming out later this year

# 6 jcmreds @ 11/05/13 01:45 PM
Forza is the only game I'll miss not owning a new Xbox. I'll probably wait until The Show is released to pick up a PS4 it's my #1 most anticipated next gen game.

# 7 charter04 @ 11/05/13 01:48 PM
I love the actual sport of baseball and I like the idea of playing a baseball games but, I usually get bored really quick. IOOTP is the only new baseball game that I really like to play and keep playing. I am getting Xbox1 and I feel they probably will eventually have a baseball game. It doesn't matter though.

# 8 Thelorn @ 11/05/13 01:58 PM
baseball....ewwwww

# 9 GlennN @ 11/05/13 02:04 PM
I'll be waiting for a year or so before upgrading from my 360 to next generation, but I will be going the PS4 route this time. Baseball is not the only reason, but it is a big one.

# 10 LingeringRegime @ 11/05/13 02:06 PM
Baseball or no Baseball, I am still going PS4.

# 11 Moose Factory @ 11/05/13 02:08 PM
I'm shocked EA Sports doesn't have a Baseball title simply from an Ultimate Team stand point (cash cow). With how much emphasis they place on Ultimate Team across the sports spectrum this should be a no-brainer. With the canceling of college football I hope we see a EA baseball title on the horizon.

# 12 TheBadazz @ 11/05/13 02:37 PM
Baseball sucks anyway haven't played one in 5-6 years

# 13 wilo28 @ 11/05/13 03:37 PM
well, looks like the only way your guaranteed to play all sports tittles is ps4... so not a real tough decision.

# 14 daflyboys @ 11/05/13 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
They'd never do anything beyond MLB.

I'm sticking with MVP + mods + PC.

# 15 aguero90 @ 11/05/13 04:04 PM
PS4 for 2 reasons, mlb the show, and mlb.tv is better on playstation cause of the audio overlay feature!

# 16 IowaAJ @ 11/05/13 04:05 PM
To be honest I'm completely undecided I do like the features of the Xbox one but unless I see a baseball game in production I'm leaning towards the PS4 now.

# 17 TheBleedingRed21 @ 11/05/13 04:45 PM

Hello my beautiful PS4, that is what it means.

# 18 GruffyMcGuiness @ 11/05/13 04:56 PM
Still going Xbox One. However, I'll buy a PS4 when it's almost time for The Show to release.

# 19 Ozeob @ 11/05/13 05:15 PM
I've pre ordered the Xbox One but having fallen in love with Baseball over the past year I can't resist not being able to play MLB The Show 14 on the PS4... All I have access to on the 360 is MLB 2K11. I've decided to buy both consoles! So yes, MLB THE SHOW will be a console seller for me.

# 20 BA2929 @ 11/05/13 07:19 PM
I honestly wasn't decided on which console to buy. However, with this news I'm 98% sure I'm getting a PS4 now. If Sony puts out a The Show/PS4 bundle come March, they can expect my cash as fast as I can give it to them.