Home
NBA Live 14 News Post



While the mode has been known for a while, EA Sports has finally revealed more details on Ultimate Team for NBA Live 14.

Check out their latest blog, which details the Ultimate Team modes, including Fantasy Showdowns featuring real NBA teams and a mix of fantasy matchups, which will be added throughout the season.

Just like the popular Ultimate Team modes in many other EA Sports games, you need to build your team by earning coins with wins and/or individual accolades. With those coins, you simply purchase packs, jerseys, arenas, logos and many more items to build your team. Player(s) of the Week items with increased ratings based on real-world performance will be added throughout the season as well.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigeastbumrush @ 10/28/13 12:36 PM
We have no idea what the gameplay is like but this sounds like a mode that will keep players coming back.
 
# 2 bateman11 @ 10/28/13 01:06 PM
I absolutely love the menu presentation of NBA Live. Forgot how clean everything is.
 
# 3 Aviator S @ 10/28/13 01:34 PM
NBA Live 14 Player Ratings

WAS-John Wall 85
NY-Carmelo Anthony 88
HOU-Dwight Howard 87
MIA-Dwyane Wade 87
LAC-Blake Griffin 84
LAC-Chris Paul 88
SA-Tim Duncan 84
LAL-Steve Nash 78
BKN-Deron Williams 87
OKC-Serge Ibaka 84
SA-Tony Parker 88
LAL-Kobe Bryant 88
 
# 4 The 24th Letter @ 10/28/13 01:51 PM
Sounds good, I always thought Ultimate Team was better suited for basketball.. Looks entertaining..
 
# 5 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/28/13 01:54 PM
I'm sorry, but I always loved Live's player rating scale.
 
# 6 joeisup @ 10/28/13 02:20 PM
Alumni is like retired used to be so we got legends
 
# 7 Boilerbuzz @ 10/28/13 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I absolutely love the menu presentation of NBA Live. Forgot how clean everything is.
Bow down to the masters on this side.
 
# 8 iTz GoRiLlAz @ 10/28/13 05:04 PM
Well about the ratins Ultimate Team is kinda a lil variated away from ratings from the game like in Fifa. I have Fifa 13 on PC, and when they were active I noticed that the ratings were like +2 or more different, then what you would play an exhibition. XD
 
# 9 PiNOYPANDEMiK @ 10/28/13 05:24 PM
How the hell is John Wall an 85? He's rated higher than Blake Griffin and only -3 lower than Chris Paul? WTF? Dude isn't even a top10 PG in the NBA.
 
# 10 yaboythecib @ 10/28/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNOYPANDEMiK
How the hell is John Wall an 85? He's rated higher than Blake Griffin and only -3 lower than Chris Paul? WTF? Dude isn't even a top10 PG in the NBA.
blake isnt 10 forward either so what your point.....
 
# 11 PiNOYPANDEMiK @ 10/28/13 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
blake isnt 10 forward either so what your point.....
Blake Griffin is a top10 PF easily, so I don't know what you are talking about. John Wall on the other hand should not be considered better than Blake Griffin. Seriously Blake Griffin an 84 and Wall 85? I know it's only a video game, but those numbers pretty much says John Wall is more valuable than Blake.

If CP3 is an 88 and Wall (who is not even a top10 pg in the game) is an 85, then what about the other pg's that are better than Wall? You're telling me we have a lot of PG's in the 85-88 ratings? Terrible.
 
# 12 Shadojoker @ 10/28/13 06:43 PM
Live screens indeed look remarkable!!! It looks like I'm watching NBA on ESPN or ABC!
 
# 13 lastlastlast @ 10/28/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNOYPANDEMiK
How the hell is John Wall an 85? He's rated higher than Blake Griffin and only -3 lower than Chris Paul? WTF? Dude isn't even a top10 PG in the NBA.
its cause he is part of the kyrie crew
 
# 14 juicey79 @ 10/28/13 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Bow down to the masters on this side.
Menu is decent, can the gameplay be just as decent? I wish we could get a quarter of gameplay.
 
# 15 juicey79 @ 10/28/13 07:02 PM
Take a look at NBA Live 13 trailer the same hardwood effects on this menu are in that trailer. PLEASE CAN WE GET A QTR OF GAMEPLAY....PLEASE.
 
# 16 jerk @ 10/28/13 07:03 PM
Really wish 2k would steal this from them. I love ultimate team in all ea games. Nobody does it better.
 
# 17 Boilerbuzz @ 10/28/13 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
Menu is decent, can the gameplay be just as decent? I wish we could get a quarter of gameplay.
I don't care what it is - as long as it's NEW information not related to dribbling, soundtracks, or ported over features seen in other EA titles. I'm dying for some Live news!
 
# 18 Boilerbuzz @ 10/28/13 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerk
Really wish 2k would steal this from them. I love ultimate team in all ea games. Nobody does it better.
For the record, that's MyTeam, but let's not bring 2K into this thread.
 
# 19 westview33 @ 10/28/13 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNOYPANDEMiK
Blake Griffin is a top10 PF easily, so I don't know what you are talking about. John Wall on the other hand should not be considered better than Blake Griffin. Seriously Blake Griffin an 84 and Wall 85? I know it's only a video game, but those numbers pretty much says John Wall is more valuable than Blake.

If CP3 is an 88 and Wall (who is not even a top10 pg in the game) is an 85, then what about the other pg's that are better than Wall? You're telling me we have a lot of PG's in the 85-88 ratings? Terrible.
Blake is a top 10 PF in terms of dunking the ball.But he's sub par in rebounding, defense and creating any offense outside of a dunk.So why would it be a crime for him to be a 84 when he plays no defense, doesn't rebound and can;t hit a shot without dunking?Unless of course your one of those guys who only watch highlights and dunking is all that counts when rating a player.
 
# 20 Boilerbuzz @ 10/28/13 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
Blake is a top 10 PF in terms of dunking the ball.But he's sub par in rebounding, defense and creating any offense outside of a dunk.So why would it be a crime for him to be a 84 when he plays no defense, doesn't rebound and can;t hit a shot without dunking?Unless of course your one of those guys who only watch highlights and dunking is all that counts when rating a player.
On the whole, I agree completely. But he's not a bad rebounder. He SHOULD be better than he is, but he's still not bad.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.