Home
NBA Live 14 News Post



Gamestop has given us the gift of a few new details with regards to the feature set of NBA Live 14. It appears as if both NBA Rewind, a feature which debuted in NBA Live 09, and Legends within Ultimate Team mode are both going to be in the game.

From the Gamestop website:

Quote:
"Live Season
Experience the NBA season as it happens. Take on quick challenges based on each day's most memorable performances in BIG moments, or play your favorite team's schedule right alongside them with real-world performance data in NBA Rewind. Can you replicate the feats of the NBA's biggest stars? Can you shut down your opponent's star player on his hottest night of the year? See where you stack up on each challenge's leaderboard both amongst your friends and against NBA LIVE 14 fans from around the world every day throughout the season.

Ultimate Team
Experience the perfect combination of NBA LIVE 14 and fantasy basketball, as you build your Ultimate Team of the brightest modern NBA stars and all-time legends. Compete online or take part in Fantasy Showdown challenges to earn coins and purchase new packs of players, uniforms, contracts and more, all while building the best line-ups possible.

Rising Star Mode
Write your own history as the NBA's next great player. Whether you're a scoring point guard or an athletic big man, it's up to you to shape and manage your player's career over 25 seasons in an effort to secure your legacy."

Hat-tip to Pasta Padre for finding this first!

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 nick_sr @ 10/22/13 09:19 PM
never played live 09. can some explain to me more about his whole "rewind" thing?
 
# 2 javicd21 @ 10/22/13 09:31 PM
Its nba today from 2k

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
# 3 yungflo @ 10/22/13 09:32 PM
There ya go, thats your EA nba news that you people on twitter were hoping for lol.
 
# 4 bigeastbumrush @ 10/22/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
never played live 09. can some explain to me more about his whole "rewind" thing?
Choose any date in the past on the calendar and you can play that game.

Because they had Synergy data loaded in there, you're basically playing against the tendencies of the opponent on that day.

Like if you went 2 months back and played a game vs. the Heat and LeBron had 40 that night while raining 3s, the CPU LeBron you play against would be Hot. Might not drop 40 on you but would be better at 3s when you play and would look to score from the spots on the floor that he actually scored from that night.
 
# 5 yungflo @ 10/22/13 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Choose any date in the past on the calendar and you can play that game.

Because they had Synergy data loaded in there, you're basically playing against the tendencies of the opponent on that day.

Like if you went 2 months back and played a game vs. the Heat and LeBron had 40 that night while raining 3s, the CPU LeBron you play against would be Hot. Might not drop 40 on you but would be better at 3s when you play and would look to score from the spots on the floor that he actually scored from that night.
its a dope feature for sure. Im interested to hear about the challenges in that mode for the rewind date and so forth. Like example, stop lebron from scoring 40 or more points
 
# 6 nick_sr @ 10/22/13 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Choose any date in the past on the calendar and you can play that game.

Because they had Synergy data loaded in there, you're basically playing against the tendencies of the opponent on that day.

Like if you went 2 months back and played a game vs. the Heat and LeBron had 40 that night while raining 3s, the CPU LeBron you play against would be Hot. Might not drop 40 on you but would be better at 3s when you play and would look to score from the spots on the floor that he actually scored from that night.
o ok. not a fan of all that stuff, just want my dynasty mode and i'll be good!
 
# 7 warren_kendel @ 10/22/13 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
o ok. not a fan of all that stuff, just want my dynasty mode and i'll be good!
Exactly. Dynasty/Association mode is a deciding factor for me as well and will determine whether or not I will preorder this game.
 
# 8 bigeastbumrush @ 10/22/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
its a dope feature for sure. Im interested to hear about the challenges in that mode for the rewind date and so forth. Like example, stop lebron from scoring 40 or more points
If you can earn "coins" or something from winning Rewind challenges then I can see how they're tying this into Ultimate Team.

They may be onto something here.
 
# 9 yungflo @ 10/22/13 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
If you can earn "coins" or something from winning Rewind challenges then I can see how they're tying this into Ultimate Team.

They may be onto something here.
I'm against virtual currency, but as long it was only catered to that mode, that would be dope. I would love for it to be challenges and not just a quick match. It would add replay-ability if you could fail in rewind mode
 
# 10 titans321 @ 10/22/13 09:54 PM
I think the screenshot looks good.
 
# 11 WTF @ 10/22/13 10:06 PM
I think everything but the players look good in the screen. Unfortunately, KG's expression is laughable and Josh Smith isn't even looking at the ball that he's trying to block.
 
# 12 Sundown @ 10/22/13 10:07 PM
I've always liked the idea of NBA Live Rewind. It's much better than 2K's NBA Today.
 
# 13 BiggD @ 10/22/13 10:10 PM
No mention of Dynasty/franchise mode....hmmmm would of thought it would be batched in with these mode announcements
 
# 14 titans321 @ 10/22/13 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I think everything but the players look good in the screen. Unfortunately, KG's expression is laughable and Josh Smith isn't even looking at the ball that he's trying to block.
I'm still unsure if I like KG's face or not.
 
# 15 23 @ 10/22/13 11:56 PM
Is that Zo?

Galaxy Note 2
 
# 16 westview33 @ 10/22/13 11:59 PM
I have ZERO faith in EA's ability to re-create the Legends players and their true tendencies in this game.

I hope they give us the options to edit EA's version of the Legends Players because I will break my controller the 1st time I see Dominique Wilkins jacking up a 3 or Larry Bird taking off from the FT Line and doing tomahawk dunk.

The Ultimate team in NCAA Football is a complete joke because not one of those Legends play the way we watched them play. Barry Sanders looks just like any other ordinary RB on NCAA Ultimate team and doesn't use any juke moves or spin moves.
 
# 17 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/23/13 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
Its nba today from 2k

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Actually NBA Live rewind is not like NBA Today from 2k. Rewind you can ANY game during the season wether it the past game weeks or months game or that days game. Rewind is much deeper than NBA Today
 
# 18 King_B_Mack @ 10/23/13 12:34 AM
This was in Live 10 as well, right? Dynamic season. Definitely better than NBA Today in 2K, though they half tried to do that with the addition of starting an Association from the current day.
 
# 19 Fist Of Kings @ 10/23/13 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
I have ZERO faith in EA's ability to re-create the Legends players and their true tendencies in this game.

I hope they give us the options to edit EA's version of the Legends Players because I will break my controller the 1st time I see Dominique Wilkins jacking up a 3 or Larry Bird taking off from the FT Line and doing tomahawk dunk.

The Ultimate team in NCAA Football is a complete joke because not one of those Legends play the way we watched them play. Barry Sanders looks just like any other ordinary RB on NCAA Ultimate team and doesn't use any juke moves or spin moves.


If Live 10 is any indicator, you may be right. The player tendencies were all over the map in that game. I spent so much time editing them myself so big men like Shaq would stop chucking random 3's. That was the final nail in the coffin when I originally bought the game back in 2009, and it happened again recently. And the players don't recognize obvious mismatches like in the 2K games.
 
# 20 CookNBA03 @ 10/23/13 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
No mention of Dynasty/franchise mode....hmmmm would of thought it would be batched in with these mode announcements
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=91988
 

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.