05:58 PM - September 30, 2013 by MMChrisS
After ESPN confused the world earlier today claiming current generation gameplay action was next-gen, throwing the Madden public (us included) into fetal positions in the nearest corner -- EA has finally released their actual trailer for next-gen Madden today.
- Higher fidelity graphics with more detail than ever before (obvious).
- Animations wise, there is less compression with each one, resulting in better looking moves.
- Better uniform degradation looks like it's in, as well as much improved lighting
- Skin is more realistic, with light interacting with it in a more realistic manner
- 4x the Texture Resolution, stadiums visually look much better as do crowds, fields, and uniforms.
- Cloth physics where jerseys can be form fitting and look realistic to towels flapping around.
- Much more varied fans both visually and with the animations. One shot showed some sitting, some standing and cheering. Oh, and crowds are fully 3D!
- The sidelines look pretty bare still personally, but much better than they ever have on current gen.
- EA touts the possibilities of even bigger improvements in the coming years.
You can read more on EA Sports' official site. We just added well over a dozen new next-gen screenshots here.
According to the EA website, we are expecting information on new True Step player motion, new Player Sense (AI), new line play, and the living worlds aspect of the game in upcoming information releases. This confirms several foundational aspects of the game have been redone for next-gen, we're excited to find out what it all means in the upcoming weeks.