05:00 PM - September 30, 2013 by MMChrisS
2K Sports conducted a stream this afternoon detailing what's new in Universe Mode in WWE 2K14. Universe mode allows you to set up WWE shows by playing as the GM with your own matches, storylines, and PPV event cards.
Some of the new additions this year:
- New this year are custom rivalries, which will allow you to set up your own feuds throughout the course of the mode. The rivalry manager allows you to have short or long rivalries, and they can begin and end and different times.
- Improved menus which will have news, rankings and statistics within your own personal Universe.
- The game will also set up rivalries by itself if you choose not to use the manager.
- You can now manager wrestler attires within the mode. You can customize the look of each wrestler as you move through the mode.
- Other customization options include the ability to edit the rosters of each show, edit the tag teams, titles, and the storylines.
- You can now set up an actual King of the Ring PPV in Universe Mode complete with the tournament along with other matches within the card. This is accomplished via the PPV editor, which also gives you the option to select a 'No Man's Land" PPV theme, which features a PPV built around different cage matches.
- Winning King of the Ring will result in a Superstar carrying the title of King of the Ring for the rest of the year.
- You can set up a Divas Themed PPV now with Diva Titles being able to be named a major title.