Home
NBA 2K14 News Post


Check out the latest NBA 2K14 video showing off a little more from the LeBron James Path to Greatness mode.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 97 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Vni @ 09/17/13 01:27 AM
Good find man.

Only the first two minutes are new, we've seen the rest alraedy.

Looking good though. I really like theses new contact shot animation near the rim.

In every video we see though there is always so many off rebounds. Here the cavs look pretty small compared to the celtics but I don't know.
 
# 2 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/13 02:48 AM
Was that Royce White on the Cavs?

This MUST be a fantasy mode
 
# 3 blingballa333 @ 09/17/13 03:16 AM
That John Wall layup looked real nice.
 
# 4 Phreezy P @ 09/17/13 03:42 AM
The player was as bad as most at gamescom.
 
# 5 JasonMartin @ 09/17/13 03:55 AM
Kinda sad that the only thing we constantly see is run and gun gameplay footage.

I haven't seen a single play being called. And I know 2K had a build where you couldn't call plays but I don't get why this is being released then?


Give them a build where they can call plays so it's presentable.
 
# 6 adwin7 @ 09/17/13 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Kinda sad that the only thing we constantly see is run and gun gameplay footage.

I haven't seen a single play being called. And I know 2K had a build where you couldn't call plays but I don't get why this is being released then?


Give them a build where they can call plays so it's presentable.
A play was called on the first ptg gameplay vid.

I asked myself why do I keep seeing comtested jumpers and very few dunks in the gameplay? It has to be due to the improved defense. I'm guessing guys are trying to muscle their way in to the paint and the d doesn't yield. I hope that's the case.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
 
# 7 daveberg @ 09/17/13 06:51 AM
Urgh.

Turbo turbo turbo turbo.

Can we get some gameplay of someone who knows how to play proper basketball please?
 
# 8 Da_Czar @ 09/17/13 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Urgh.

Turbo turbo turbo turbo.

Can we get some gameplay of someone who knows how to play proper basketball please?
It befuddles me every year. I don't know why they insist on letting randoms "break" gameplay to the public. Every single year. They have guys who can play in the office. Why not record them ? LOL. I. Just. Don't. Get. IT!

But hey game is still selling so all is right with the world I guess.

The most glorious thing in this video for me is that all that turbo action only resulted in... Pull up jumpers. That is F'ing fantastic!!!!
 
# 9 Goffs @ 09/17/13 07:29 AM
That still picture is a modded PC version of 2k13.....the tighter jerseys and that LeBron cyber face is better than the ones for CG 2k14.
 
# 10 8KB24 @ 09/17/13 08:12 AM
What about the lines about Kobe fresh out of retirement?
 
# 11 mango_prom @ 09/17/13 08:16 AM
Contact looks definitely solid. What I don't like from the limited footage I've seen is CPU offense after a rebound. Looks like they're still executing the quick drive/shot script you only could get rid of in 2k13 by setting run plays and fastbreak to 0. I could be wrong though, hopefully I am.
 
# 12 eaterofworlds888 @ 09/17/13 09:11 AM
Gameplay refinements look really good. Can't wait to dig into this.
 
# 13 thedream2k13 @ 09/17/13 09:22 AM
oh no ! not many dunks in traffic and isoball is only resulting in contested jumpers! what are casuals to do now??? How will they score and at what time can we expect them to overrun twitter and facebook complaining about how scoring his hard
 
# 14 stillfeelme @ 09/17/13 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
oh no ! not many dunks in traffic and isoball is only resulting in contested jumpers! what are casuals to do now??? How will they score and at what time can we expect them to overrun twitter and facebook complaining about how scoring his hard
Iso and pick and roll is what they will use. I think eventually they will learn to use the smart play option. I actually think 2K should recommend users to use the smart play option I am sure it will call for a quick post/iso or pick and roll if the clock is winding down. That was the purpose they put it in to help out the people that don't use them. There have been zero dunks in the PTG mode videos given out and I like it. Dunks are probably going to come via turnovers/oops or blown assignments
 
# 15 ViolenceFight @ 09/17/13 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
oh no ! not many dunks in traffic and isoball is only resulting in contested jumpers! what are casuals to do now??? How will they score and at what time can we expect them to overrun twitter and facebook complaining about how scoring his hard
You have no idea how much I'm salivating as I'm seeing this fact. As a guy who tries to play man-to-man defense as hard as I can(And I get a lot of practice since I mostly play black top), seeing all these forced jumpers on guys trying to turbo through defense is like seeing a giant side of ribs dripping with barbecue sauce. I absolutely cannot wait to start sending the ball into the 14th row because people only know how to turbo dribble, and have no concept of anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Iso and pick and roll is what they will use. I think eventually they will learn to use the smart play option. I actually think 2K should recommend users to use the smart play option I am sure it will call for a quick post/iso or pick and roll if the clock is winding down. That was the purpose they put it in to help out the people that don't use them. There have been zero dunks in the PTG mode videos given out and I like it. Dunks are probably going to come via turnovers/oops or blown assignments
If you watch the Ronnie2k video again, Iman Shumpert blew straight to the rack off slightly lazy defense...but he got swatted going for a stupid windmill instead of a straight forward dunk. I believe on defensive mismatches you'll still be able to do work, and as a Power Forward, I honestly believe there will be instances where I'll be able to iso, beat my defender and throw it down over someone. It'll be more satisfying when it does happen simply because I know that there's a strong chance of me getting swatted now. Good defense will make a lot of stuff on offense waaaaaay more satisfying if you can pull it off, if only because they actually have a means to stop you now. That makes the game rewarding on both ends of the floor, and I like that fact.
 
# 16 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/17/13 09:49 AM
One thing I've yet to see anyone mention.

The crowd all wearing the same color for the playoffs!
 
# 17 ViolenceFight @ 09/17/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
One thing I've yet to see anyone mention.

The crowd all wearing the same color for the playoffs!
CELLLLLLLL-A-BRATE GOOD TIMES, C'MON!
 
# 18 JasonWilliams55 @ 09/17/13 10:06 AM
Also look at the different crowd 'reactions', in the opening clip the Celtics fans are standing and waving arms, but if you go to 2:22 in MIA the fans are all sitting. Was this type of crowd behavior in 13?

I expect NG14 crowds to be much better than CG ones.
 
# 19 The 24th Letter @ 09/17/13 10:08 AM
Run & gun gameplay is fine with me...I know IM going to play the right way...lets see how effectively I can defend someone who doesn't...
 
# 20 spankdatazz22 @ 09/17/13 10:14 AM
Nice find OP. Hard to believe the game releases in only a couple weeks given the lack of marketing; won't need much else between this and GTA V for a while. Seems like the ball and rim sounds are much more pronounced; guys sound like they're really palming/snatching rebounds aggressively. Contact looks much improved, really like the animation variation. I miss the more distinct signature movement of the past but people clamored for more control so has to be some tradeoff. Two week countdown begins
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.