Home
FIFA 14 News Post



EA Sports posted new details on FIFA 14's Career Mode, with a new video and several new screenshots to go along with an extensive blog detailing what is called the 'Global Transfer Network.'

The Global Transfer Network completely reinvents scouting in FIFA 14's career mode, as each club will start with between one to four scouts on staff. Obviously the larger clubs will have more scouts than the smaller ones.

Scouts are able to target for six traits to find the right fit for your squad, and depending on your scouts quality you'll either get great fits or not so great fits for your club. Scouts are assigned to geographic regions and can be relocated at any time.

You now no longer have the ability to view player overall ratings when they aren't on your team, so scouting is now a very important tool to focus on. It also sounds like extensive work has been done to the transfer AI, as teams will see your interest in players and react accordingly, sometimes acting to scuttle your potential bid with one of their own.

Also new this year is an updated interface as well as new audio in FIFA's career mode. Look for more details on FIFA 14 as we near release later this month.

How do the new changes sound to you?

FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NightmareBooster @ 09/04/13 11:36 AM
I'll take some additions to CM over none at all but I can't really say that this does much for me. I'd much rather be able to keep track of other leagues, have some sort of integration between the skill games and my player's development, have my Manager's Wage matter, etc.
 
# 2 orion523 @ 09/05/13 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I'll take some additions to CM over none at all but I can't really say that this does much for me. I'd much rather be able to keep track of other leagues, have some sort of integration between the skill games and my player's development, have my Manager's Wage matter, etc.
While I would love for there to be a "living world' so to speak, I don't think the power is there for that in this gen, if it was it would be in I really believe that. I'm hoping that this improvement to CM is the first step towards that "living world" during the next console cycle. Imagine being able to flip say....Neymar's card and seeing his yearly statistics regardless of league, or going into the CM "history tab" and looking through the yearly winners from each and every league in the game. To me that's the next step, the next leap in technology. At least I hope so. Hell for this gen we can't even track the yearly stats for our own club's players!
All of that aside however, judging this improvement to CM only against what we had last year to me is a massive massive improvement and one that I welcome for sure.
 
# 3 NightmareBooster @ 09/05/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
While I would love for there to be a "living world' so to speak, I don't think the power is there for that in this gen, if it was it would be in I really believe that. I'm hoping that this improvement to CM is the first step towards that "living world" during the next console cycle. Imagine being able to flip say....Neymar's card and seeing his yearly statistics regardless of league, or going into the CM "history tab" and looking through the yearly winners from each and every league in the game. To me that's the next step, the next leap in technology. At least I hope so. Hell for this gen we can't even track the yearly stats for our own club's players!
All of that aside however, judging this improvement to CM only against what we had last year to me is a massive massive improvement and one that I welcome for sure.
What I'm describing isn't a "Living World" concept, just more meaningful content in CM. For example, and I've mentioned this before elsewhere in the forum, manager wages are meaningless. I laugh when I get offers from other teams with a higher wage than my current one because while it's supposed to be a deciding factor in choosing between teams, at the end of the day 6K/wk is just as pointless as 21K/wk. It's extraneous info that contributes nothing to the game yet it's in there.

Now, they have the EASFC where you can spend the points you accrue throughout the various game modes on in-game items. Why can't something like that be extended to CM where you use your wage money for team improvements? Or perhaps a system similar to that mode that EA doesn't care about called Ultimate Team? At this point I don't care what they come up with, but come up with something. I don't understand how this year's Madden can have such robust options for it's CM's but FIFA gets the same drudgery.
 
# 4 aTTckr @ 09/05/13 05:51 PM
What's the sense of hiding players' attributes in career mode if you can just go to the main menu and look at their overall etc.?
 
# 5 gtyjrocks @ 09/05/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTTckr
What's the sense of hiding players' attributes in career mode if you can just go to the main menu and look at their overall etc.?
First of all progression, second if you want to cheat you can obviously do that for the first window, but you don't have to if you want it to be realistic.
 
# 6 Gnemi @ 09/07/13 04:39 PM
Oh, I find this very interesting.

Does this mean they're trying to do away with resources like SOFIFA?
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.