02:09 PM - September 3, 2013 by MMChrisS
The Skinny: A new hockey management simulator called Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 has been released from the same company which has brought the critically acclaimed Out of the Park baseball series to PCs.
OOTP Developments today released Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, which steps into the current hockey management game void by offering the most comprehensive GM experience on the market. FHM 2014 features 19 leagues from around the world, along with historical NHL play as far back as 1947 and the entire WHA history from 1971 to 1979.
The US$39.99 game runs on PC and Mac and can be found here.
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 offers the following features:
• The 2013-14 season for 19 leagues around the world, with real teams and players. Available leagues include the NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, Liiga, EIHL, KHL, SHL, and more.
• Historical play as far back as the 1947 for the NHL, as well as the entire 1971 through 1979 existence of the WHA.
• Custom leagues set up in a variety of pre-configured ways, with fresh franchises stocked with fictional players who chart unique careers.
• A robust simulation engine that produces the most realistic hockey results possible, whether players want to reproduce the later years of the Original Six, replay the high-scoring 1980s, create fictional leagues, or anything else. A variety of league rules and settings can be changed to create different experiences.
• Players oversee team finances, keep an eye on the salary cap, check on their assistance coaches and scouts, watch the waiver wire, put together trade packages, make contract offers to free agents, and much more. They also determine their team's long-term plan, keeping in mind the possibility that they could be fired if they don't live up to the owner's expectations.
You can find out more about Franchise Hockey Manager 2014, as well as purchase it, on its official website.