Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post



EA Sports has already broken down some of the Madden NFL 25 ratings for the quarterbacks, receivers and defensive lineman.

Today they break down some of the ratings for the linebackers, including specific ratings for finesse moves (FMV) pursuit (PUR) and more.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 4.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 53 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 infemous @ 08/22/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
FINESSE MOVES (FMV)
- Finesse move-groups are: Spin, Swim, Hand Knock-Down, Speed Rush
- Determines the chance a defender gets flattened by the blocker
- Determines defenders skill vs. blockerís skill for success of finesse moves
- AI uses FMV vs. Power Move rating to determine which move-set is used
- Determines the max time taken to perform successful finesse move
So this proves that Strength has absolutely no bearing in the struggle between players? Nor does the player's agility or acceleration?

This is why you can have a 60 speed/acc/agi DE line up over a Tackle, beat him with a move and immediately bend around and get to the QB.

Lets also hope that these moves are accessible by both the CPU and Humans in this Madden...
 
# 2 Luck911 @ 08/22/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
So this proves that Strength has absolutely no bearing in the struggle between players? Nor does the player's agility or acceleration?

This is why you can have a 60 speed/acc/agi DE line up over a Tackle, beat him with a move and immediately bend around and get to the QB.

Lets also hope that these moves are accessible by both the CPU and Humans in this Madden...
Read the one on defense tackles,Strength plays a part.
 
# 3 bcruise @ 08/22/13 01:16 PM
I've really been underestimating Pursuit...I thought Agility basically did what that does as far as controlling the speed of turning. Maybe Pursuit is just a special case of that between the defender and ball carrier, though.
 
# 4 KBLover @ 08/22/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I've really been underestimating Pursuit...I thought Agility basically did what that does as far as controlling the speed of turning. Maybe Pursuit is just a special case of that between the defender and ball carrier, though.
PUR is change of direction as the ball carrier changes direction. It's not a one-on-one battle (or at least I hope not because ideally, you want several defenders pursuing the ball carrier).

I think AGI impacts more the ball carrier's ability to change directions. Sharper cuts and what not (i.e. can he zig-zag run or not). AGI might also impact change of direction for things like coverage or just defenders changing directions to get around (i.e. evading) blocks and such and for sharp changes of directions (how much foot planting the player has to do). AGI might also impact players maintaining/regaining their balance or for things like leaping over cut blocks.

PUR = "I know where the ball is going and I'm tracking it down"
AGI = "I can make the cut without tripping over my feet"

High AGI + BCV AI backs require high PUR guys to keep up and not fall victim to cutbacks.
 
# 5 infemous @ 09/01/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck911
Read the one on defense tackles,Strength plays a part.
Yes but in the wrong way. Strength does not determine how quickly you can shed a block, or maintain one, that's what the protection and block shed ratings should do.

It seems strength plays no part for any other positions either.
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.