Home
NBA 2K14 News Post



2K Sports has posted a new NBA 2K14 trailer featuring Euroleague basketball. Below is the list of teams, in case you missed them, as well as a Q&A session with the team, right here.
  • Alba Berlin
  • FC Barcelona
  • Real Madrid
  • CSKA Moscow
  • EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
  • Montepaschi Siena
  • Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
  • Anadolu Efes Istanbul
  • Olympiacos Piraeus
  • Panathinaikos Athens
  • Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
  • Zalgiris Kaunas
  • Unicaja Málaga
  • Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
NBA 2K14 will be available on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 4th.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 97 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 I am disappointed @ 08/21/13 03:00 AM
I don't know if it was the editing of the video but some of those passes did seem to have some zip on em so that was nice to see.

I don't watch euroleague basketball so I wouldn't know but do they dunk like that over there ? That was a lot of flashy dunks and alley oops.

It was nice seeing Le'Bron get blocked in the paint instead of just scoring over the defender as if he wasn't even there, I also liked that first block they showed

Pretty good trailer even though I don't know any of those guys besides the Heat in the end. Looking forward to an official 2k trailer with actual NBA players
 
# 2 Phreezy P @ 08/21/13 03:07 AM
Yeah that blocking was great. It seemed a bit smoother than 2k13 from the little I saw. I saw a lot of new dunk animations as well. But I wonder why all of the baskets sounded like swishes, including dunks? I guess they didn't use the actual game sound but it was kind of weird.
 
# 3 SouthBeach @ 08/21/13 03:21 AM
Ironically, LeBron getting blocked was my favorite part of this trailer.
 
# 4 zimmtron @ 08/21/13 03:31 AM
Something about that trailer just looked kinda whack. Maybe it's because I've seen every single one of those animations in 2k13

However I'm impressed by the shoes. I swear wade is wearing his li nings, cole and lebron in his shoes and bosh's hyperposites all look better than last year! Plus new generics that look like real sneakers!
 
# 5 23 @ 08/21/13 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am disappointed
I don't know if it was the editing of the video but some of those passes did seem to have some zip on em so that was nice to see.

I don't watch euroleague basketball so I wouldn't know but do they dunk like that over there ? That was a lot of flashy dunks and alley oops.

It was nice seeing Le'Bron get blocked in the paint instead of just scoring over the defender as if he wasn't even there, I also liked that first block they showed

Pretty good trailer even though I don't know any of those guys besides the Heat in the end. Looking forward to an official 2k trailer with actual NBA players


Dont know about the dunking but it is a trailer...

Also it could've been Rudy Fernandez that threw down one lob dunk, and Rudy can dunk or at least he could in the past
 
# 6 Jrocc23 @ 08/21/13 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
Something about that trailer just looked kinda whack. Maybe it's because I've seen every single one of those animations in 2k13
I felt the exact same way lol. It has to be the animations because like 99% of the animations I have seen plenty of times in 2K13.
 
# 7 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 03:35 AM
Nothing to get overly excited about, I'm afraid. I'm hyped as hell for the game but this trailer didn't really do anything for me.

Game looks smooth though, but very similiar to 2k13, which is to be expected I guess.
 
# 8 23 @ 08/21/13 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Nothing to get overly excited about, I'm afraid. I'm hyped as hell for the game but this trailer didn't really do anything for me.

Game looks smooth though, but very similiar to 2k13, which is to be expected I guess.


Agreed

On another note, Wade had on generics, Ray Ray had on last years Jordan's with the sleeve rolled down and LeBron had on his black and red playoff shoes.

The blocks looked nice and some of the jumpers which seemed new.

I also agree on the over floppy shorts and same old pigeon toed animations look like last year and kind of stagnant.
 
# 9 I am disappointed @ 08/21/13 03:55 AM
yea I'm not sure if I seen any of the new 3000 animations they're supposed to have. All those dunks look familiar and the dribbles but I'm not complaining or anything.

The main thing is that the game looks "smoother" and it was nice to see some defensive highlights even though it was only 2 compared to the 50 dunks and layup highlights lol

C'mon 2k getting steals and blocks can be exciting to see in trailers too ya know lol
 
# 10 I am disappointed @ 08/21/13 03:57 AM
SN: Am I the only one that never look at the shoes in these trailers ? lol guess I'm a gameplay junkie
 
# 11 PJBrownHeat @ 08/21/13 04:10 AM
Good video for my part.

Happy to see a different 3 pt lign distance.

It will be difficult for nba team to win a game against those team that the message in the block on Lebron ah ah.

But don't worry best nba team are stronger.

For the new lay up and the new dunk i hope too we didn't see every animation, but the gameplay is smoother.

Paint are great because it are like the classic paint so i really hope to see great classic team.

To finish i'm happy to see that there is not a great difference with 2k13, because if it was so different what do we can waiting of a nba 2k14 on next gen?
Hey hey !!!!
 
# 12 MarvinOida @ 08/21/13 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am disappointed
SN: Am I the only one that never look at the shoes in these trailers ? lol guess I'm a gameplay junkie
I take gameplay for granted early on. I wanna see like raw gameplay vs a pre made highlight film.

On the topic of shoes:
-New Generics look similar to Nike Air Zoom Generation (AKA LeBron I)

-I see there 3 colors for the Heat in Away shoes (ex. Bosh,) Black Being the Main, White being a trim, and Red being the other trim.

-LeBron XI? Or X Elite

-Ray Allen wearing All white, but I'm guessing its the XX8 Finals shoes

New question: Is the Euroleague 3 Point line Closer to the Key or is it like the NBA? Cause it looks like they both sure the same dimensions in the footage. Its late here and I'm to tired to think about that extensively.


Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone
 
# 13 Sundown @ 08/21/13 05:08 AM
The player models look... weird.

Everyone's arms are gangly and skinny. Including Lebron's. Maybe it's the weird way they're animating. Or maybe it has to do with how the hands look kind of spindly. Ray Ray's pass looked... awkward.

Also seeing some jerky animation transitions already. I hope they didn't make the game more jerky for "responsiveness's" sake.
 
# 14 Goffs @ 08/21/13 05:15 AM
Needed more blocked shots and less oopin....
 
# 15 Vni @ 08/21/13 05:48 AM
That Ray Allen rugby pass at 1.18 was impressive but the speed might have been edited.

The pass at 0.50 is nice too.

Glad to see theses new passing animations. They look pretty tight.
 
# 16 KyotoCarl @ 08/21/13 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Needed more blocked shots and less oopin....
Yeah those were the most alley hoops I've ever seen in European basketball

Sent using Tap a Talk
 
# 17 nip83 @ 08/21/13 06:16 AM
As a euro guy, i can tell you,the whole gameplay is not euroleague simulation.In fact if any of those flashy dunks happened they would be in the run for plays of the year.

Euroleague is a more crowded,slower paced style of basketball.Lots of set plays,read n react offenses,a lot more posting up and swing the ball till the open shot.Seeing double clutch dunks with euro guys(there are exceptions of course) looks off.

I guess we might need different sliders sets for euroleague and nba style.
 
# 18 HakeemOlajuwon @ 08/21/13 06:21 AM
The guy/girl who created this trailer need some advice from Shaddy
 
# 19 Sundown @ 08/21/13 06:33 AM
I just went back and watched some 2K11 trailers. It's amazing how much better that game looks lighting and player model wise compared to releases the next three years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eT7KVkXR5M
 
# 20 Norris_Cole @ 08/21/13 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nip83
As a euro guy, i can tell you,the whole gameplay is not euroleague simulation.In fact if any of those flashy dunks happened they would be in the run for plays of the year.

Euroleague is a more crowded,slower paced style of basketball.Lots of set plays,read n react offenses,a lot more posting up and swing the ball till the open shot.Seeing double clutch dunks with euro guys(there are exceptions of course) looks off.

I guess we might need different sliders sets for euroleague and nba style.
Agree, I know it's just a trailer and kids want to see dunks (or at least that's what 2k thinks) , but I don't think this will be different than the dunk fest we get every year

Let's hope I'm wrong
 

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.