Home
WWE 2K14 News Post



2K Sports has just announced the WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition, featuring WWE Superstar Undertaker. Amazon currently has the price listed at $99.

Read the full press release below.

The Deadman Cometh: WWE® 2K14 “Phenom Edition” to Feature Iconic WWE Superstar Undertaker®

Collector’s Offering Set to Deliver Exclusive in-Game Content, Collectible Autographed Item, Video Content and Unique Packaging

2K today announced that enigmatic WWE Superstar Undertaker® will be featured through the “Phenom Edition” of WWE® 2K14, the forthcoming release in the WWE flagship video game franchise. Available for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, while supplies last, the WWE 2K14 “Phenom Edition” is scheduled to include the following items:
  • Exclusive tin coffin box
  • Exclusive collectible art card personally autographed by Undertaker
  • Exclusive Undertaker playable character: “American Badass”
  • Exclusive Undertaker-themed controller skin
  • “WWE Undertaker – The Streak”: Disc #1 (on Blu-Ray/DVD)
  • Access to WWE 2K14 global pre-order offer: Ultimate Warrior playable character
  • Copy of WWE 2K14 video game
“The Deadman. The Lord of Darkness. The American Badass. The Phenom. In every aspect of his career, Undertaker has commanded the admiration and respect of WWE fans and newcomers alike for more than two decades,” said Chris Snyder, Senior Director of Marketing at 2K. “His unequivocal legacy will be fully realized in the WWE 2K14 ‘Phenom Edition’ and is a must-have item for any collector.”

With captivating ring entrances and looming, omnipresent appeal, Undertaker is WWE’s longest-tenured current Superstar and holder of several WWE titles throughout his storied 20-year career. He is best known for his unrivaled winning streak at WrestleMania®, WWE’s biggest event of the year, where he boasts a 21-0 record. Whether he took on Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior early in his career, aligned in tag team competition with his brother Kane®, delivered career-defining matches against WWE Superstar Triple H® and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels® or squared off against his most recent WrestleMania opponent CM Punk®, Undertaker is responsible for some of WWE’s most prolific and memorable moments.

WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Bard @ 08/01/13 10:07 AM
Welp, they just got my money.
 
# 2 Simple Mathematics @ 08/01/13 10:37 AM
I was thinking that this game wasn't worth $60 since the improvements to this year's game are only minor. I was thinking about just waiting for next year's next-gen game. But $100 for a character I could download online and matches I could watch on YouTube? No chance!
 
# 3 scottyo60 @ 08/01/13 10:46 AM
Not to be overly critical, but was t his hair short most of that gimmick
 
# 4 scottyp180 @ 08/01/13 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Not to be overly critical, but was t his hair short most of that gimmick
When he first appeared as the "badass" he had his long hair and was still a face. Once he turned heel he cut his hair. They should have attire for both but who knows.
 
# 5 UMhester04 @ 08/01/13 11:09 AM
Wonder if thy will have the kid rock song or not since they always play random rock tracks over it in the DVDs
 
# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 08/01/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
Wonder if thy will have the kid rock song or not since they always play random rock tracks over it in the DVDs
Actually they should have Rollin by Limp Bizkit as his song since he used that for much longer than American Badass.
 
# 7 bigbob @ 08/01/13 01:50 PM
They should have both songs, but that's just my opinion.

Honestly, even though I wasn't expecting much, I planned on buying it because it's 2K. If I have the money, I may go after this one, depending on how big the tin is.
 
# 8 alifeincomplete @ 08/01/13 03:10 PM
As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
 
# 9 Ice_Cold345 @ 08/01/13 05:07 PM
I would love this, but I'm not sure the $99 price tag is worth it. 2K14 just feels like it should be $40-$50, to me, so doubling the price for what you get just seems too much for what you get. The tin is cool, but I expect Taker to be on DLC after a while, once all the DLC is out.
 
# 10 eaterofworlds888 @ 08/01/13 05:53 PM
This is a great package. However, I already own the Streak dvd. In the end I'm still going to wait until it's out and see what others say before I buy it. I just don't feel like laying down $100 for this game or even $60 for that matter. WWE 13 just disappointed me too much.
 
# 11 poloelite @ 08/01/13 06:58 PM
Times are hard. You have to give people more than a tin and a character for another $40. That's almost the price of another game. They should throw in Fan Access as well and maybe some avatar items at this point to entice people. Next year I would love to see an exclusive shirt (real life apparel) and an exclusive DVD for WWE 2k15 for the $100 price tag. Consumers are savvy these days.
 
# 12 bigbob @ 08/01/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.
 
# 13 dochalladay32 @ 08/02/13 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Not to be overly critical, but was t his hair short most of that gimmick
He didn't really have short hair until he started his respect gimmick. He had long hair all the way through the WWF vs. Alliance storyline. He cut it by Vengeance and they were talking about him demanding respect. He was still the American Bad *** I guess, but he wasn't face any more. In May he got the new theme and was "Big Evil" by then. So for at least 2/3 of the "American Bad ***", he had long hair.
 
# 14 Cubs4Life @ 08/02/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.
I know I don't hate who he is outside the ring and I don't think anyone does. Just why couldn't he be called the American Bad *** or Mark Calaway? He didn't look like the Undertaker during that time so why ruin the mystique of The Undertaker by making him human as Biker Taker. If they wanted to do so he still could have been The Undertaker for Mania. Just one match dressed up as the real Undertaker for those Mania's. After all during the Biker years he has a shirt that said Deadman Inc. So he didn't wanna be the Deadman but still was considered that anyway. At least as the ABA or Mark he would be different. His finisher was the different anyways. He only pulled off the tombstone during Mania.
 
# 15 jyoung @ 08/02/13 04:40 PM
Missed opportunity to include a lifesize Yoshihiko doll and Yoshihiko match DVD.



For sure, that would've pushed their pre-order numbers over the top.
 
# 16 cubsfan203 @ 08/02/13 06:43 PM
You could probably just sell the autograph and recoup a lot of the extra money you'd be paying.
 
# 17 alifeincomplete @ 08/03/13 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.
No need to go on the offensive. I didn't know the back story of it, but it still doesn't change my opinion of it.
 
# 18 King_B_Mack @ 08/04/13 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
Really? This is Yukes we're talking about here. I fully expect that to be his only attire. They're real good at pulling stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs4Life
I know I don't hate who he is outside the ring and I don't think anyone does. Just why couldn't he be called the American Bad *** or Mark Calaway? He didn't look like the Undertaker during that time so why ruin the mystique of The Undertaker by making him human as Biker Taker. If they wanted to do so he still could have been The Undertaker for Mania. Just one match dressed up as the real Undertaker for those Mania's. After all during the Biker years he has a shirt that said Deadman Inc. So he didn't wanna be the Deadman but still was considered that anyway. At least as the ABA or Mark he would be different. His finisher was the different anyways. He only pulled off the tombstone during Mania.
You realize that your argument there is pretty much the same thing for your whole premise? The "mystique" of the Undertaker would be ruined regardless the second he stepped through the curtain without the gong or the outfit. Whether he was Mark Calaway or not people were going to only see him as the Undertaker.
 
# 19 Cubs4Life @ 08/04/13 04:20 PM
Quote: Orignally Posted by King_B_Mack You realize that your argument there is pretty much the same thing for your whole premise? The "mystique" of the Undertaker would be ruined regardless the second he stepped through the curtain without the gong or the outfit. Whether he was Mark Calaway or not people were going to only see him as the Undertaker.[/quote]

Not as much since he didn't dress like the Undertaker. People change gimmicks all the time. Mick Foley was Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack. Not much changed except his clothes but people weren't calling him Mankind when he was Dude or Jack. Sure you would have some in the beginning that would say hey that's The Undertaker, but he dressed up as a biker and didn't look or act like The Undertaker that we knew. He never sat up after a move. Chokeslams and big boots have been done by plenty of big men. The announcers wouldn't call him Deadman or any Taker reference. As time went on people would except him as the ABA or Mark until he would wear the Undertaker gear again.
 
# 20 King_B_Mack @ 08/04/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs4Life
Not as much since he didn't dress like the Undertaker. People change gimmicks all the time. Mick Foley was Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack. Not much changed except his clothes but people weren't calling him Mankind when he was Dude or Jack. Sure you would have some in the beginning that would say hey that's The Undertaker, but he dressed up as a biker and didn't look or act like The Undertaker that we knew. He never sat up after a move. Chokeslams and big boots have been done by plenty of big men. The announcers wouldn't call him Deadman or any Taker reference. As time went on people would except him as the ABA or Mark until he would wear the Undertaker gear again.
Pretty much disagree with all this. Yes people change gimmicks all the time, but the Undertaker and that gimmick isn't 'people.' At the time he was already ten years into being the Undertaker, he was known for pretty much that gimmick and that gimmick only. Foley isn't a good example because people knew him from ECW and elsewhere as Cactus Jack. The Mankind character didn't have near the history that Undertaker did. Hell his gimmick was having the Three Faces of Foley. It's a stretch to say 'look how this worked out for Mankind, it'd work for Taker too.' The situations aren't the same. Trying to rename Mark just wouldn't have cut it. Nobody would have accepted that, I'm sorry.
 

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.