04:51 PM - July 23, 2013 by Steve_OS
Today Codemasters® announced that the Peak Performance Pack (check out the new screenshots here), new downloadable content for GRID 2™, is available now for the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft for 400 Microsoft Points on the Xbox Live® online entertainment network from Microsoft and Windows® PC for $4.99 from Steam and for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system for $4.99.
To mark the launch of the Peak Performance Pack, Codemasters has released a new video showing the three customized U.S. Muscle cars and three tuned European classics contained in the pack cruising down the California Coast and being put through their paces around the city streets of Miami.
The Peak Performance Pack’s six special edition cars are available to race in GRID 2’s single player, split-screen and multiplayer modes and deliver a unique behind-the-wheel experience. Each vehicle has been customized with unique paint jobs, body modifications and tuning upgrades to deliver maximum performance and style, with each car competing in Tier 2 competitions as opposed to the stock vehicles, which compete in Tier 1.
The Peak Performance Pack includes maxed out versions of the following cars;
- Dodge Charger RT – Stiffer suspension, wider wheels and aggressive camber improve traction whilst additional power under the bonnet, an extra gear and stripped out weight improve top speed and acceleration
- Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special – Improved aerodynamics reduce drag, bigger brakes reducing braking distances and engine improvements increase acceleration and top speed
- Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS SS 1970 – A re-mapped engine adds more horsepower and torque, reduced mass and inertias give the car more responsive steering and a lower centre of mass and stiffer suspension improves traction and reduces body roll
- VW Golf R – An engine upgrade boosts acceleration and top speed, a lower roll centre and lower center of gravity improves traction and its revised differential setup minimizes understeer
- BMW E30 M3 – Comes equipped with a racing clutch to reduce shift times whilst its re-mapped engine and stripped out weight improves top speed and acceleration
- BMW 1 Series M Coupe – With a huge 150 kg stripped out, this BMW’s stiffer suspension and increased camber improves traction and longer gear ratios increase top speed