Home
FIFA 14 News Post



With the recent release of the first details of FIFA 14's Ultimate Team mode, and the relative success of NCAA Football 14's mode -- Ultimate Team is a mode a lot of sports game consumers are getting behind.

Have you caught the Ultimate Team bug yet? What games do you play it on?

Sound off by voting in our poll to your right on the frontpage and above you in the forums!

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigbob @ 07/22/13 12:25 PM
I mess with them a little bit, but I don't play them online so I just try and collect the cards.

I would have no issue if the Game Mode was removed from the game so that other aspects could be added in.
 
# 2 jcofor25 @ 07/22/13 01:23 PM
Can't get into it. It's a cool game mode but either you wave to put in too much time for it or pay.

After the game runs its course, the community dies for everything except the main game modes.
 
# 3 Phreezy P @ 07/22/13 02:11 PM
I'd rather do other game modes. I tried it, too much exploits from the company and the players. So I just quit.
 
# 4 The Senator @ 07/22/13 02:31 PM
I've always seen UT modes as a quick cash grab more than anything else. I'd rather play through a good offline franchise/association or quick play mode against a friend any day of the week.
 
# 5 bwright25 @ 07/22/13 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcofor25
Can't get into it. It's a cool game mode but either you wave to put in too much time for it or pay.

After the game runs its course, the community dies for everything except the main game modes.
You must be referring to another UT other than FIFA's. Ive never played a game that literally lasts all year right until the next years is released like FUT. Fifa really hit the nail on the head with their UT (not even a soccer fan). HIGHLY ADDICTING with unlimited replay value.

UT is fantasy sports for Video games.
 
# 6 seattlesadfan @ 07/22/13 03:34 PM
FUT is my crack. I don't spend money and have won Div 1 numerous times, including with an All American and All MLS squad. People play FUT right up until the next game is released and it's easily my favorite sports game mode, with clubs a close second. I really hope Fifa 14 adds online franchise!
 
# 7 Tengo Juego @ 07/22/13 04:24 PM
The Poll options are never what I'd actually say. I play Ultimate Team, but I wouldn't call myself a fan of the mode, or say that I "enjoy" it. I think it's a neat idea rotted by transactions. The best way to play this mode is online. And that experience can be great to terrible. Rarely on the great end of the spectrum. Otherwise, you're playing the CPU. And that's not all that much fun, when it's just a default NFL/NCAA team.

On top of that, all I ever hear is how bad the Madden, and now NCAA, version(s) of UT are compared to FIFA. And that bothers me.
 
# 8 JeffHartle @ 07/22/13 04:35 PM
Most of the people that do not like ultimate team are those that have never played FIFA ultimate team. FIFA does it right and once you experience it, you will agree.

Madden UT and NCAA UT just do not match up, at all
 
# 9 F0rl3fclov3r @ 07/22/13 05:32 PM
It's just a strange idea, I never understood the fun in it, it's basically like playing Magic cards or Pokemon cards and things like that, collecting cards and playing against other people's cards.

Nope, not for me. I wish they spent their time improving online and offline franchise and crowd visuals, and bringing back features of games that were around years back and went away. ...Madden!
 
# 10 Herky @ 07/22/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
It's just a strange idea, I never understood the fun in it, it's basically like playing Magic cards or Pokemon cards and things like that, collecting cards and playing against other people's cards.

Nope, not for me. I wish they spent their time improving online and offline franchise and crowd visuals, and bringing back features of games that were around years back and went away. ...Madden!
My thoughts exactly. Just please polish the actual game.
 
# 11 Retropyro @ 07/22/13 06:19 PM
Tried them, found them to be mind numbingly boring.
 
# 12 Aardawg @ 07/22/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rl3fclov3r
It's just a strange idea, I never understood the fun in it, it's basically like playing Magic cards or Pokemon cards and things like that, collecting cards and playing against other people's cards.

Nope, not for me. I wish they spent their time improving online and offline franchise and crowd visuals, and bringing back features of games that were around years back and went away. ...Madden!
I agree with this 100%. It's a complete waste of time. No basis in reality. The time and resources spent on the mode would be better spent polishing the gameplay or visuals or audio.
 
# 13 keith wicks @ 07/23/13 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHartle
Most of the people that do not like ultimate team are those that have never played FIFA ultimate team. FIFA does it right and once you experience it, you will agree.

Madden UT and NCAA UT just do not match up, at all
I know you said "most people" so you aren't referring to everyone but I have played FUT and I don't care for it much. I just don't like UT on any game. They added it to NBA 2k13 and that really pissed me off lol
 
# 14 BigTimeTimmyJim @ 07/23/13 10:35 AM
Fifa is the be all, end all of UT modes and I absolutely love it.

The other UT modes I have tried and I just can't get into them. Something about the number of players and all of the different options Fifa UT has puts it in the upper echelon.

It doesn't hurt my favorite sport is soccer either.
 
# 15 andrewerdna100 @ 07/23/13 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
I've always seen UT modes as a quick cash grab more than anything else. I'd rather play through a good offline franchise/association or quick play mode against a friend any day of the week.
You took the same sentence out of my head.
 
# 16 topflightgso @ 07/23/13 11:25 AM
Fifa has the best Ultimate Team experience..its just when gamers start using real money it gets overrated
 

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.