03:01 PM - June 27, 2013 by Steve_OS
Earlier today the NBA Live 14 team hosted a Twitter chat with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.
It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes.
We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
- Team specific playbooks, team specific defenses
- A.I. will be driven by real world data with CourtQ
- Shot percentages determined by different contest levels
- Fatigue will affect player speed and performance
- Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
- The Ignite Engine will improve animation quality, physics and fluidity
- You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
- Full featured title
- 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
- Xbox One and PS4 exclusive
- Crowds will have more animation, logic and Gen 4 graphics for more realism
- You can block dunks
- Dunk packages are in
- Authentic arenas, ESPN TV presentation
- New locomotion systems results in authentic movement
- Yes, you will be able to call in-bound plays
- NBA Live 14 will feature legends
- There will be all types of put-backs
- We have the #1 ESPN NBA team, and a surprise coming later
- Sliders are in
- 40 players with signature moves, plus packages (Melo confirmed)
- Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.