Home
NBA Live 14 News Post



Earlier today the NBA Live 14 team hosted a Twitter chat with Gameplay Designer, Scott O'Gallagher and Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 gameplay footage, but they plan on showing it off later this summer, along with the full feature set of gameplay modes.

We didn't expect too much from the chat, but quite a bit of information was revealed. Below are some more relevant details that came from the chat.
  • Team specific playbooks, team specific defenses
  • A.I. will be driven by real world data with CourtQ
  • Shot percentages determined by different contest levels
  • Fatigue will affect player speed and performance
  • Player accessories and player likeness will remain in lockstep daily and throughout the year
  • The Ignite Engine will improve animation quality, physics and fluidity
  • You can get dunked on and see various animations, none of the animations are canned
  • Full featured title
  • 5 on 5 gameplay will be shown in the summer, along with the full list of game modes
  • Xbox One and PS4 exclusive
  • Crowds will have more animation, logic and Gen 4 graphics for more realism
  • You can block dunks
  • Dunk packages are in
  • Authentic arenas, ESPN TV presentation
  • New locomotion systems results in authentic movement
  • Yes, you will be able to call in-bound plays
  • NBA Live 14 will feature legends
  • There will be all types of put-backs
  • We have the #1 ESPN NBA team, and a surprise coming later
  • Sliders are in
  • 40 players with signature moves, plus packages (Melo confirmed)
  • Authenticity is the biggest emphasis on the game, along with everything at the team level - i.e. styles of play, coaches etc.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheBossPineapple @ 06/27/13 03:42 PM
Thanks for the post.

Wondering if theres any chance of the title being canceled? Pre-Ordered it and really wanna try it out.
 
# 2 2_headedmonster @ 06/27/13 03:44 PM
"Will the AI defense feel robotic or more natural?

Yes, we'll have team-specific defenses."


 
# 3 Vni @ 06/27/13 04:05 PM
They've been saying the right things so far but it still doesn't mean much.

I really hope they surprise me with a quality game though. 2K has definately left the door open.
 
# 4 Muzyk23 @ 06/27/13 04:14 PM
what does NBA Live 14 have that would make me want to choose it over 2k14?

bounceTek, Synergy, Sig Moves...should I go on?


wtf is this answer all about?..people give a **** about all those gimmick names?..es sports will win or fail on 5-5 gameplay alone..I don't like this answer..synerge has done nothing to me and it's been talked about for a while now..competition has sig moves and I don't think they can beat that..again bouncetek means zero if the gameplay sucks
 
# 5 Jano @ 06/27/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

what does NBA Live 14 have that would make me want to choose it over 2k14?

bounceTek, Synergy, Sig Moves...should I go on?
LMAO yes, yes you should.
 
# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/27/13 04:52 PM
Guess we just have to wait until the end of the summer to see what this game will be about. Because those answers were vague as hell. I wonder if season ticket will carry over to the next gen consoles.
 
# 7 jersez @ 06/27/13 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

what does NBA Live 14 have that would make me want to choose it over 2k14?

bounceTek, Synergy, Sig Moves...should I go on?
Man, this pissed me off. You haven't released a product in three years, most of your fan base has switched to the competitor, you only had one good title for a whole console generation and you give us this answer?

I'm sorry but none of the things listed are holding most peoples attention just on their names alone, the cockiness and arrogance in the answer with the history of live, as if we shouldn't even question him about picking NBA live up, man I hope they can knock our socks off because this is really it for me with NBA live.
 
# 8 bigeastbumrush @ 06/27/13 05:11 PM
Ryan Santos being on board is a good look.
 
# 9 TUSS11 @ 06/27/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Man, this pissed me off. You haven't released a product in three years, most of your fan base has switched to the competitor, you only had one good title for a whole console generation and you give us this answer?

I'm sorry but none of the things listed are holding most peoples attention just on their names alone, the cockiness and arrogance in the answer with the history of live, as if we shouldn't even question him about picking NBA live up, man I hope they can knock our socks off because this is really it for me with NBA live.
How else is he suppose to answer the question? "Well, um, nothing really. You should just buy 2K14." Would that be better?

They don't want to reveal everything now so of course he's going to mention the features they've already spoken about. It's not really the best time in the dev cycle to get an appropriate answer for such a question. It's still June.
 
# 10 eaterofworlds888 @ 06/27/13 06:14 PM
It sounds promising but once again I'm reserving all judgement until it's out on the shelves and I can read some reviews and see some gameplay. But I really hope they deliver I miss having two NBA games per year.
 
# 11 TerryP @ 06/27/13 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
It sounds promising but once again I'm reserving all judgement until it's out on the shelves and I can read some reviews and see some gameplay. But I really hope they deliver I miss having two NBA games per year.
My thoughts exactly. Never really been a Live guy, but I'm pulling for them. Would love to have two high quality NBA titles to play.
 
# 12 grodbetatted @ 06/27/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
This is what i just don't understand, (It's still too early for the team to show any 5 on 5 game-play footage) if it's to early with release just a few months away on Next Gen, That tell me EA don't tell the truth cause all i have ever heard out of EA and others, they start on the next game as soon as one is released, heard EA say they didn't get to add something because of time, So to the point!!!!!!!! EA is telling us NBA Live is going to be the Next Great sport game, with 5 months to go and they still can't show a 5 on 5 game play???? that tells me right there to stay away from Live this year for sure,..They are best not to talk at all....
when has NBA Live or NBA 2k EVER released gameplay footage in June??? they usually start releasing a lot more stuff towards the end of July or beginning of August for both companies... So we will see what happens. I've been playing NBA 2k since dreamcast, but i've been playing Live since Sega Genesis. All I can say is if we can get the same amount or BETTER realism in Live as 2k, but with more control than the animation driven 2k, I will be completely happy
 
# 13 Jay Jay @ 06/27/13 07:23 PM
The most exciting thing mentioned is nothing is canned...im super pumped for this game
 
# 14 youvalss @ 06/27/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
"Will the AI defense feel robotic or more natural?

Yes, we'll have team-specific defenses."
"Yes, it will feel robotic"? or "Yes, it will feel natural"?

Anyway, good to read some info. Waiting to watch some gameplay videos.
 
# 15 Gstate_510 @ 06/27/13 07:39 PM
If this turns out to be good I will be getting this and 2k14 both
 
# 16 jersez @ 06/27/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
How else is he suppose to answer the question? "Well, um, nothing really. You should just buy 2K14." Would that be better?

They don't want to reveal everything now so of course he's going to mention the features they've already spoken about. It's not really the best time in the dev cycle to get an appropriate answer for such a question. It's still June.
Did I say he should have revealed everything? Did I even say that my issue was with the fact he didn't reveal more, no. My issue was the "should I go on" and like I said earlier, for a product that hasn't been released in 3 years to give such a arrogant answer as if the question was ridicules, I have a problem with that. They don't have a good track record(live 07, live 06, elite 11 and Live 13) and they don't have any confidence from the majority of gamers for a "should I go on".
 
# 17 nick_sr @ 06/27/13 07:47 PM
You should see the smile on my face. Cant wait to play my baby in october #WeAreLive
 
# 18 ZoneSix @ 06/27/13 07:50 PM
dope. i can't wait.
 
# 19 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
You should see the smile on my face. Cant wait to play my baby in october #WeAreLive
you won't be playing this until November
 
# 20 ccoaxum @ 06/27/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Did I say he should have revealed everything? Did I even say that my issue was with the fact he didn't reveal more, no. My issue was the "should I go on" and like I said earlier, for a product that hasn't been released in 3 years to have such a arrogant answer as if the question was ridicules, I have a problem with that. They've don't have a good track record(live 07, live 06, elite 11 and Live 13) and they don't have any confidence from the majority of gamers for a "should I go on".
this guy wasn't on the Live team when these games flopped so of course he is coming out with that mind set....give him a break.....not EA tho
 

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.