01:29 PM - June 27, 2013 by Steve_OS
HIT THE DIRT ON THE GO AS COLIN MCRAE RALLY™
COMES TO iOS DEVICES FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY
Check out the gameplay video and new screenshots.
Codemasters® today announced that Colin McRae Rally™ is now available from the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch*. With upgraded and tuned content based on the acclaimed 2001 PlayStation title Colin McRae Rally 2.0 (90% Metacritic), Colin McRae Rally is the first smart device rally game from Codemasters and costs just $4.99.
Colin McRae Rally for iOS features 30 classic rally stages, with a combined distance of over 130km to be raced with four legendary cars: the Ford Focus, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Lancia Stratos and Subaru Impreza. Players can go flat out through the dirt and dust of the Australian outback, take on dramatic climbs through the mountains of Greece and get sideways on the tight and twisty tarmac of Corsica.
Running the critically acclaimed Colin McRae Rally handling and physics model under the hood, players will feel the thrill of putting pedal to metal as they take on different surface types and blast through beautiful but challenging environments. Pace notes are read by professional co-rally driver Nicky Grist to help gamers fully commit through each and every stage, while if players do overcook the gas the game’s dynamic damage model kicks into play as windows shatter, bodywork crumbles and parts fall off.
“It’s an exciting challenge to bring Colin McRae Rally to iOS for the first time,” said Peter Harrison, Senior Producer. “We wanted to make tackling every turn and jump of the point-to-point courses on your smart device as satisfying as playing those classic Colin McRae Rally games on home consoles of the day. We’ve worked hard to make sure that the physics and car handling systems let you feel the wheels gripping and slipping on different surfaces like gravel and asphalt. We’ve also paid attention to improving the graphical models and textures to look super-sharp on today’s screens, along with sourcing high quality engine sounds.”
Featuring a range of different game modes including quick races, full rallies and Championships, players can also customize their experience with different controls schemes and views. Gamers can also post their best times to leaderboards, unlock achievements and challenge their friends.
* An iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S/5, or iPod touch (5th gen) is required to play Colin McRae Rally on iOS.
- Hit the dirt with an upgraded edition of classic genre-defining rally driving game experience
- 30 unique rally stages with over 130 km of track
- Real world locations, with varied track surfaces including Australia, Greece and Corsica
- Legendary rally cars including:
- Ford Focus
- Subaru Impreza
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
- Lancia Stratos
- Dynamic damage model - windows shatter, bodywork crumples and falls off
- Expert car handling and physics model, based on the original model developed alongside Colin McRae
- Authentic co-driver and race notes, written and voice by professional rally co-driver Nicky Grist
- Multiple gameplay modes - quick race, single stages, rallies and an extensive Championship
- An iPad 2 or newer, iPhone 4S/5, or iPod touch (5th gen) is required for this game